Gr8trade + Protrader: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub7slak, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Bullet

Bullet

I am currently back on redi, bc the helpdesk said it was more stable than inca currently. INCA had lots of probs premrkt. I have no idea how it is now b/c they dont seem to want to send out any update messages.

#51     Feb 26, 2003
  2. iwasthere

iwasthere

Hey does anyone here know where i can get the JS Services numbers for the NAs nad SP for free. Protrader cut off the service and JS wants $250.00 per month for a subscription

#52     Feb 26, 2003
  3. kowboy

kowboy

Say IWASTHERE,

Can you still get nasdaq futures and SnP futures on GR8?

#53     Feb 26, 2003
  4. iwasthere

iwasthere

Quotes yes but no js #'s

#54     Feb 26, 2003
  5. trader117

trader117

I hear protrader has a direct SIAC feed. Has anyone seen it yet and if so whats your feeling on it

#55     Mar 4, 2003
  6. Bullet

Bullet

YES, They implemented the siac feed for the internet today. There is a little improvment. Quotes seem a bit faster. But one day does is not that important, we need a month or so of good performance before I will be a believer.

#56     Mar 4, 2003
  7. SIAC lines go down also, so don't expect flawless trading. ETG will probably be switching to it soon then. did they give you open book and indications yet?

#57     Mar 4, 2003
  8. Bullet

Bullet

no

#58     Mar 4, 2003
  9. the book issues are gone

the new NYSE quote feed is right on

gr8trade running real smooth right now... nice job

#59     Mar 5, 2003
  10. Proprietary

Proprietary Guest

If you want to know what Protrader's official line is on all of this go to this link:

http://www.instinet.com/ir/transcripts/IDay2002.Tscript.Hicks.ProTrader.pdf

They claim to have changed their business model in order to focus on providing services to "trading groups." I suppose what they mean is that they want to provide front-end and back-end services to prop shops and hedge funds.

#60     Apr 28, 2003