Gr8trade + Protrader: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub7slak, Sep 7, 2002.

1. iwasthere

iwasthere

Volume for the company is 8 million shares a day and if it goes any lower they will be gone, so Im told. As things get tighter and tighter in these markets in the coming years they will be squeezed. These guys never tip their hand as to what is going on and as they always have they come over and talk about how bright the future is, right before they cancel stuff and close down pieces of their operation. They are rarely up front with us on anything. Too bad, but they bought it too late and paid the boys too much. At least INET did'nt pay 400 million like SCH did for Cybertrader!

#41     Feb 25, 2003
  2. holy schneikies 400mil.... no one uses that $20 a trade cybergarbage.........
    schuab has also been advetising this..... talk to a rep. campaign for $95 a trade. What a deal!!

#42     Feb 25, 2003
  3. iwasthere

iwasthere

A large chunk of the volume is coming from Zone Trading. We will see if that operation can sustain the volume requirements needed to keep Protrader going. I think the big days over there are numbered too as the powers up North ALWAYS find a way to put a stop to mass produced successful scalping shops. That coupled with the shrinking action is gonna hurt them I think. But the superstars from there will end up doing well and continuing and might even end up with the software after its all said and done. Wouldnt that be a sweet deal: Sell the company to a fat sucker for nice sweet profit and then buy the jewel at auction later!

#43     Feb 25, 2003
  4. Bullet

Bullet

Is there a minimum monthly vol PT must hit to stay in business.

#44     Feb 25, 2003
  5. I thought Protrader cut deals with ETG and Bright for them to use the software too so it would seem weird for them to sell it because those firms are bringing in some volume. However I don't know how much it is widely used yet because the current version does not have all the items that these firms other traders need. Then again reliability has always been an issue so I am surprised traders would chose to trade thru them unless they had too or did not have a better option. Like someone else said they are big on promises and short on follow thru in a lot of areas

#45     Feb 25, 2003
  6. iwasthere

iwasthere

No minimum but when you pay 150 Million for a business it has to make some money somewhere. I think they are betting that the software is marketable to hedge funds and institutions but we are in a time when the smartest of financial planners are wrong alot. But my prediction for all these markets is that they will continue to contract and squeeze out all the excesses including the players from all levels and the companies that support them. I am a bear.

#46     Feb 25, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

i had it up to here with pt&gr8...

#47     Feb 25, 2003
  8. Bullet

Bullet

gr8 having pretty big tech probs today. NY orders not cancelling and then getting VERY late messaging

#48     Feb 26, 2003
  9. bullett---- go to function hotkeys and switch your defaults to incadot.... hopefully this helps.... as they might be defaulted to redidot.........incadot working here so far on remote server

#49     Feb 26, 2003
  10. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

crap...

#50     Feb 26, 2003