Gr8trade + Protrader: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub7slak, Sep 7, 2002.

1. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

yep, i am on a T-1 connection...

#31     Feb 22, 2003
  2. iwasthere

iwasthere

Yeah, everyone please stay where you are. Austin needs to lose some people to get it nicer again. Besides the whole protrader operation probably wont make it anyhow. I would predict that INET is gonna write the whole thing off and walk away within a year or so as volumes and clients evaporate. They have been promissing to build us a new office at corporate but havent don it yet and are notorious for leading us on and then changing directions. Of course these are the guys who were keeping or interest spread on margins and calls and not notifying us. We had to threaten to sue them and unwind their deal with inet in oreder to get a part of the money. It was called a trader appreciaition payment.

#32     Feb 22, 2003
  3. Swipe

Swipe

Inet already wrote protrader off!

I hear the have quote problems nearly every day. Arca and book quotes crossing the market.

#33     Feb 22, 2003
  4. Which "pod" are you at on the Austin Floor? I thought that trading floor had closed? I left a few months ago, I couldn't stand that fugly manager. And the Corp. office people were asses. And no tech support, what's that all about?

#34     Feb 24, 2003
  5. MVP

MVP

oh yeah one more word

UNEMPLOYED

they deserve it

#35     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Bullet

Bullet

By the sounds of this board, some people thing Protrader is going to be shut. Thoughts? ideas?

#36     Feb 24, 2003
  7. Well they have closed all of their 19 trading floors except Austin as I just found out. They were supposed to move the few remaining Austin traders to empty offices at their Corp. location but have been dragging their feet.

Reuters is now rumored to be in talks of an “asset sale”. Don’t you think Instinet would liquidate Protrader if being threatened to be liquidated themselves?

The buzz around the Corp. office is bad.

#37     Feb 25, 2003
  8. How would you know what the buzz is about if you just found out
    about office closings?

#38     Feb 25, 2003
  9. I had heard all floors were closed. Just found out that Austin is still operating. Most of Austin's employees have moved to Corp., some I consider friends, talking with them is how I get the buzz.

p.s. And a couple are enemys!

#39     Feb 25, 2003
  10. would shut it??? I am the furthest thing from a accountant , but think things are run real lean over there these days. I dont see them hurting any more than anyone else, especially now that the fat has been cut.

Im not sure what it used to be like (I hear horror stories) but with the current group, I hope to see them operate for a long time.

#40     Feb 25, 2003