Gr8trade + Protrader: Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub7slak, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Mainly because it was an arrogantly run operation.

They had it coming.

#21     Feb 16, 2003
  2. Swipe

Swipe

Shadow,

Where do you suggest someone in Austin trade?

Are there any firms left there?

#22     Feb 16, 2003
  3. iwasthere

iwasthere

Hey shadow I traded at Cornerstone from 1997 to present every day and I can assure you that close to a dozen made significantly more than "a couple of million dollars" a year. Obviously you dont know of what you write.

#23     Feb 22, 2003
  4. iwasthere

iwasthere

Oh and by the way, the top traders were at Cornerstone and quit after they made between 6-50 million and you are right they were cocky but it was fun while it lasted

#24     Feb 22, 2003
  5. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

gr8trader and protrader are neither great nor for proffessionals... ive been using the system for about a month now, and theres nothing but issues, and glitches... executions are horrible, limits/stops are impossible to work with, and updates on charts!? goodluck getting up to the minute realtime charts, it takes forever and a day for my charts to refresh data... overall i do not care for them or their software one bit, i had better experiences using inferior software platforms such as ultimate trader...

#25     Feb 22, 2003
  6. Swipe

Swipe

dg,

do you like def leppard?

#26     Feb 22, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lmao... do i know you???

#27     Feb 22, 2003
  8. iwasthere

iwasthere

You are so right. Gr8turd is pretty crappy over the Internet but seamless at the office. Most of the traders who banked and went home went to Tradecast but now Tradecast is gone and those guys are slowly appearing back at the office. Those foolish enough to be trading this junky action!

#28     Feb 22, 2003
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

unfortunately i do not have the luxury of being in their office... plus nothing would make me leave NYC even if i did have the oppurtunity to trade from their office... the best part about this ishy software platform is its lack of ability to save your layouts... or if you have a dual/triple monitors its ability to be compatible with them...

#29     Feb 22, 2003
  10. kowboy

kowboy

The only time I had trouble with charts and data was when I first started using with a slow internet connection. With a higher bandwidth connection at 512 Kb and an assigned IP on my end, there have been virtually no data slow downs. Only when the system glitches once in a long while.

I am surprised you experienced problems. Do you have a high speed connection there.

#30     Feb 22, 2003