GPU Puzzle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maverick1, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Maverick1

Maverick1

Figure it can't hurt to ask:

Does anyone know of a graphics card that:

1. Is compatible with an "Angelica_716 (4/5/2012)" Gigabyte Motherboard

2. Can support 4 monitors

3. Is quiet or even better, silent

?

Thanks much for any pointers!

2. just21

just21

Nvidia nvs 440 on ebay $30 to $90 is fanless make sure you get one with cables. Nvs 450 is also fanless. The new nvs 510 has a fan.

Baron and CBC like this.
  3. Maverick1

Maverick1

Thanks Just21, these ones definitely look like a right match!

One last thing: is it true that fanless cards heat up more than ones with fans? (read that somewhere but have no idea if that's correct). If true, does that mean more risk of overheating in the tower?

Also, will those dual split cables compatible with the DVI-D inputs on my screens? I would rather use the DVI-D inputs than the VGA ones.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  4. Surgo

Surgo

How much heat they generate is based on dissipated power. 100 watts is 100 watts whether a card has a fan or not. The fans just get it off the card.

Some cards have fans that can exhaust the heat out of the back (where the card is slotted in), which means it's not all dumped in the tower. Most high-end cards do this.

Just make sure your tower has good airflow and it's generally not a problem.

5. CBC

CBC

Buy graphics card... proceed to remove fan manually.

Just make sure u get Nvidia, ATI in general is lower quality. IMO.

6. CyJackX

CyJackX

Have you considered an aftermarket GPU liquid coolant system?

4 Monitors is broad. 4 Monitors...at what resolution?

Also, if you're willing to spend what seems like a decent amount of money...a new motherboard isn't that expensive.

7. just21

just21

Why would you go to this amount of trouble? You can get a quad head graphics card designed for 2d with no fan.

8. What is Angelica 916 or sorry 716 ? I think it's just a model name, which chipset that is and which brand ? You can go for something like old radeons 6xxx series or something like that, they do support tons of monitors and quite good in everything they do.