Gov't Stimulus: Thanks to your $$$ this woman & others is buying $133k home for $42k

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 27, 2009.

1. But it´s good for the housing statistics, isn´t it ? Will this sale be observed in the existing home sales figures, new home sales or foreclosure figures ? Maybe we can bank the next stock rally on this information. :D :D :D

#21     May 27, 2009
  2. jem

jem

#22     May 27, 2009
    #23     May 27, 2009
  4. jem

jem

picking off the "carcasses" was petty good as well.

(and I was concerned about your roof line comment as well.) I wonder if a home inspection was done?

So you have a functionally obselete house and a bad market - what is the real value?

How are the schools?

#24     May 27, 2009
  5. trendy

trendy

Here, let me refresh your recollection of what you said.

*p.s. - that home is a dump. The seller wouldn't get more than $35,000 for it if they were lucky without this government waste.

If you think you can buy a house like that for $35,000 you are the one who is dreaming. Tell ya what. I'll pay you $5,000 as a finder's fee for each home like that I can buy for $35,000. I'll take at least 5. OK?

BTW, my buddy Michael Peters just auctioned off 20 houses very similar to this one, give Michael a call and ask him the average selling price of those 20. Here's hint. It ain't no where near $35,000.

http://americanheritageauctioneers.com/past_sales.html

#25     May 27, 2009
  6. You want to buy nearly new homes in that area?

I'll tell you what. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Scrape together a couple million dollars provable by a letter of credit from a FDIC insured bank, put it in escrow so that I know you're serious, and I'll personally meet with you and show you homes in Florida right now that are three times the size of that house, in brand new condition, built in 2005 or later, near brand new schools, for 140k and far less than that, that you can buy right now (as in no bullshit negotiations, because that's already done), on terms that are so sweet you'll think that the banks have lost their collective minds.

What I won't do is waste my time talking to someone who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, telling me what a house like that is worth.

You go and overpay for houses on your lonesome assuming you have any money, and the ambition and will to lose your ass because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

This whole thing is a massive government boondoggle proving that no one, NO ONE, can waste your money faster and with greater inefficiency than the government.

Edit - Oh, and you've bought and sold home in Florida for 45 years? Well, that explains why you're now so clueless in this brave new world, my older and more naive friend.

And I don't care what your auctioneer buddy is auctioning homes for to the retail crowd. I'm talking investment properties in bulk. I'm talking 80% in some cases of entire developments, where the developer went belly up. I'm talking about the shit I've seen and touched, terra firma, with my own feet.

#26     May 27, 2009
  7. These programs like that one have been going on for some time. I remember one where i live (in sacramento) where they were getting the city to chip in 1/3rd the value of the place. Then in West sac, they were offering people that were in a certain wage, 100,000 dollars toward the purchase of the house. In the first one, the person only had to live there 30 years and they get 1/30th the equity per year (fat chance of getting any equity because those properties were selling for 289k at the time and are now getting forclosed on and resold for 130k)

In the second one the person had to live there 10 years.

Then there was another program about 100 miles north of me that was offering to give the people 150k toward the purchase of their home.

I saw another one that was statewide that they give you up to 40k 3% 30 year silent second mortgage. (for those of you that havent heard of a silent second thats where you get a mortgage and dont have to make monthly payments on it if you dont want to. You just have to pay it off when you sell the house or at the end of 30years whichever comes first)

#27     May 27, 2009
  8. trendy

trendy

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said I wanted to buy 5 houses like that one for $35,000 each. Show me where I can buy them and I'll give you $5,000 per.

#28     May 27, 2009
  9. I will show you a development in Clearwater right now where you can buy attached condominiums, of various sizes the smallest of which is 1,450 square feet and the largest is 1,900 square feet, that are brand new, were built in 2005-2007, where you can buy 37 units for 52k each. Everything is in - water, sewer, boulevard roads, street lighting, landscaping - even the clubhouse with pool and tennis courts is done. Do you have 20 million to invest, b/c it's cash deal, and it's all or none.

Edit - I'm not talking garbage. This is a gated lifestyle community. The clubhouse is 42,000 square and has indoor and outdoor pools, a fully equipped gym, a banquet facility and what was supposed to be a daycare center type spiel. There are people living in there who paid full price. The units are all complete, and even have top of the line appliances, all brand new.

#29     May 27, 2009
  10. Melbourne, Florida, and surrounding towns.

#30     May 27, 2009