Gov't health care: ugh!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Jul 3, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

Hospital patient so shocked at dirty ward she climbed out of bed to clean it herself
    By ANDREW LEVY

After 12 years cleaning care homes and private houses, Tereza Tosbell has a keen eye for a dirty room.

But the last place she expected to need her skills was in hospital - where she was a patient.

The sick 48-year-old was so disgusted at the conditions after three days on a 'filthy' ward that she grabbed the antibacterial fluid dispenser at the end of her bed and some hand towels from the bathroom.

http://www.dail*****.co.uk/news/art...ked-dirty-ward-climbed-bed-clean-herself.html

I have no idea why the link gets partially blanked out when I try to post it.

2. TGregg

TGregg

Soon our lives will depend on health care provided by the same organization that gives us public restrooms and public education.

3. TGregg

TGregg

4. have you ever been without healthcare?

you start thinking shit i'm eating tons double cheeseburgers and biggie fries, steaks, gravy and potato chips and.. "i ain't got no health insurance to pay for my bypass :eek:

it dawns on you i'm fucked!

5. This might come as a surprise to you, but given the amount of downright OBESE and FAT Americans walking around, I highly doubt that any health care plan ( be it private or public ) is going to save us from Armageddon.

Over 3.8 million people weigh over 300 lbs. in this country. Over 400,000 weigh over 400 lbs. - - - The average female now weighs an unprecedented 163 lbs.

63% of Americans are overweight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) in excess of 25.0

31% are obese with a BMI in excess of 30.0

According to the U.S. Surgeon General report obesity is responsible for 300,000 deaths every year.

Childhood obesity in the United States has more than tripled in the past two decades.

Have you seen any slim and fit 12 year olds walking around lately?

Maybe 15 years ago, but not anymore.
    Let's face it, this country is a ticking "time-bomb" waiting to explode.

Go ahead . . .

Hang out at a local Starbucks and let me know how many "trim and fit" people of all ages walk through the door.

I dare ya.

Then come back to me and tell me how it is that WE aren't going to wind-up subsidizing these people's health care, anyway.

6. Blame it on watermelon.

7. It seems to be pretty good for the US senators and representatives through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP).

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions...lthcare-for-senators-and-representatives.html

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe we need to eliminate food stamps,
    fried chicken and tacos.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#10     Jul 4, 2009