govt bail out of fannie mae and this monday...SP tanks or soars?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Sep 6, 2008.

1. so I guess you are saying it will be a flat monday..would go lond 30 year Tbonds though...sp will probably flat then nose dive...long bonds are better move

#11     Sep 6, 2008
  2. Would they sell for a profit? Could they??? The Gov't has a huge gain on the SPR, they were buying at $50-60/barrel or so. Wonder why they don't flip some of that oil for a profit?

#12     Sep 6, 2008
  3. what are people saying that make you think it is good to be short 30 and 10 years?

#13     Sep 6, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, It is hard for the Govt. to realize profits. They could never agree what to do with the money.

It may better to borrow against the SPR, The can leverage it 10 or 20x.

#14     Sep 6, 2008
  5. They won't sell SPR because it's controlled by an oil barron. If criminal Bush were from North Carolina cotton would be 30x the prevailing price.

#15     Sep 6, 2008
  6. Yes, it is beginning to look more and more like that is the case, isn't it?

If McCain/Palin takes the White House, I'd say that's a perfect definition of our cultre

What is Facism

14 Key Points of Facism

#16     Sep 6, 2008
  7. just21

just21

The SPY, futures were shut, indicated 19 point advance in the SP. The ten year future moved 45 points or 90 ticks lower.

#17     Sep 6, 2008
  8. ALERT...ALERT ALERT...I JUST READ THAT PAULSON MIGHT, JUST MIGHT DO THE FANNIE BAIL OUT..SO...IT IS NOT OFFICIALLY DONE YET...IS IT DONE YET ALREADY????

#18     Sep 6, 2008
  9. We are screwed no matter who gets elected. If your argument is against bigger government, I wouldn't exactly think the democrats would be much better, as all federal unions are supporting them this november...

heres another article from the same objective site you quoted:

http://www.rense.com/general83/dnc.htm

DNC Wins 3rd Gold:
    Barrel Bottom Scum Sucking

#19     Sep 6, 2008
  10. Allen3

Allen3

I guess it depends on if your rep or Dem. You obviously think of rep that way. But a rep can look at all those definitions and come up with obama/biden. Congratulations on being one of the mindless party patrons! If you buy into either party and can only speak badly of one party you need to step back and look again. Good luck.

#20     Sep 6, 2008