Government finds new way to take political prisoners:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Mar 22, 2006.

1. The next step for the neo-commies is to break into your home while you are asleep to make sure you are not butt-fucking your wife. Sodomy is illegal and they want to make sure it is enforced correctly.

At one location, for example, agents and police arrested patrons of a hotel bar. Some of the suspects said they were registered at the hotel and had no intention of driving. Arresting authorities said the patrons were a danger to themselves and others.

"Going to a bar is not an opportunity to go get drunk," TABC Capt. David Alexander said. "It's to have a good time but not to get drunk."

#31     Mar 23, 2006
  2. What about just sitting back and observing? Sooner or later some cretin will do something obscene, and the cops can take appropriate action. The hope would be that, in time, such stricter enforcement would lead to a change in attitudes towards such putrid levels of drunkenness. That would, of course, require a real sea change, since our society long ago gave up considering drinking a vice; now it's just a "harmless bit of fun".

#32     Mar 24, 2006
  3. Well, yeah, obviously the town planners should have just asked you what the limit should be. God bless you Rearden, the way you endure these outrageous abrogations of your individual rights.

Interestingly, you rag on me for despising homosexuality, on the premise that such thinking invariably leads to gas chambers, yet you've had no problem labelling the entire enterprise of Islam corrupt (religion-gas chambers? We'll that one slip).

I'm sure you'd agree that few individual Muslims today pose a direct threat to your, personal, existence. But nevertheless, you consider it necessary to speak out against it, presumably because of the threat it poses if left unchecked. Is that really so different to my opposition to homosexuality or drugs?

While you, personally, getting coked up in your room is of no direct import to anyone, do you think your Israel would have the fortitude to resist the Arabs if Israeli society became a bunch of I'm-cool-you're-cool ganja-puffing hipsters? Come on man, there are consequances, and to brush aside such concerns in favor of promoting your chosen lifestyle is just plain selfish - but then Rand taught selfishness was a virtue, so there you go.

#33     Mar 24, 2006
  4. You don't yet see what motivates me? Commonly held misconceptions bother me.

Shortly after 9/11, most Americans actually bought into the line that "Islam is a religion of peace, and the terrorists are merely a few rare deviants who misunderstand their own religion".

That bugged the shit out of me, so I did what I could to correct this ridiculous theory. Since then, society has for the most part caught up with my thinking, and naive falsehoods about Islam have become far less popular. My work here is done, and you've probably noticed that my posts on this topic have become increasingly few and far between. I've never advocated a 'final solution' regarding Islam, but merely worked to bring people back in line with truth and reality. Once society cathces up with me regarding the vast injustice of drug prohibition, I'll shut up about that too.

Another thing: Both hard and soft drug use is <b>lower</b> in the Netherlands than it is in the U.S. Legalization does not necessarily create more addicts. Ending prohibition nationwide in Israel wouldn't weaken her military one bit. I can function far <b>better</b> on opiates than off, and I have the P/L to prove it. Not all narcotics were created equal.

While M.J. is probably detrimental to good soldiering, Hitler proved that during wartime, a temporary increase in stamina can be generated by pumping the soldiers full of benzedrine (amphetamine). You'd be best off to replace your narrow minded 'drugs are bad' attitude with scientific facts and accurate knowledge.

#34     Mar 24, 2006
  5. I just want a better, more functional society, is what I want. It's not that I'm "drugs are bad" per se. In fact, I used to argue for ending prohibition, because I thought that would create better results. Since then, I've seen reason to change my mind. I just can't really be bothered talking about it right now. I think I made my case about the drinking, so I'll leave it at that.

#35     Mar 26, 2006