Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. At about twenty till the hour, should get a nice pop up, believe me they won't let the public see a 200 point Dow down day. They need to be able to say...had been down as much as 200, but recovered into the close. And closed down only 90.....you know a positive spin,

#8551     Aug 11, 2015
  2. romik

romik

Short YM stop just above 17415 INDU

#8552     Aug 11, 2015
  3. Sitting tight, gonna make the easy $$ tonight

#8553     Aug 11, 2015
  4. bonzo

bonzo

I don't think there is zero risk going into September-October 2015

#8554     Aug 11, 2015
  5. romik

romik

Scary sight.

sc.png

#8555     Aug 11, 2015
  6. Watch how easy this is. They are all relay lifting it, with such ease. I suspect the Dow will rise 100 points tonight.

#8556     Aug 11, 2015
  7. S2007S

S2007S

from April 2015, according to katie stockton and her chart pattern analysis she thought the s&p was headed up 7% in the short term, wonder what happened the last 4 months she called that prediction.....

hmmmmmm

The S&P 500 is less than 1 percent from its all-time high, and according to one top technician, more records are just around the corner.

"We've already seen new, all-time highs registered by major indices in the U.S. and globally," said BTIG's chief technical analyst, Katie Stockton. "The S&P 500 has yet to do that, but I think it's a matter of time."

Stockton pointed out that despite a negative outlook for earnings, the initial reaction has been quite positive. "We're seeing breakouts [on earnings] on an individual stock level," she said. "The Russell 2000 has hit a new all-time high, and I think the S&P 500 is going to break out from what has become a bit of a triangle formation on the chart."

[​IMG]
    Technicians often look to wedge or triangle formations to find inflection points. The theory goes that as a stock begins to trade in a narrower range, eventually a breakout will occur, and it's usually higher. According to Stockton, the triangle pattern occurring in the S&P 500 is signaling that stocks will rally.

"There's really nice upside here," said Stockton.

Another major indicator that Stockton noted is market breadth, or the number of stocks that are participating in the rally.

[​IMG]
    "The cumulative measure of advancers to decliners has reached a new all-time high ahead of the S&P 500." In other words, the rally is not limited to just a handful of large stocks, but rather a number of individual equities.

"The uptrend still very much has positive momentum," she said. "With the support of that breadth, or market participation, I think the rally still has legs."

So how high does she see it going?

Stockton said that the S&P 500 is well on its way to 2,250 in the short-term—nearly 7 percent higher than current levels.

#8557     Aug 11, 2015
  8. i960

i960

Aaand 2080. What a surprise!

#8558     Aug 11, 2015
  9. big sellers in futures tonight as of the last couple of minutes

2084 to 2065 in 10 minutes

#8559     Aug 11, 2015
  10. romik

romik

I guess the market wants a definite YES or NO from the FED, are you actually friggin raising rate or not.

#8560     Aug 11, 2015