Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. xandman

xandman

We tried to bear down on the market by bullying AAPL. Next few days we test the high side.

It has to break out somewhere. Skew and Vol says there are no worries.......yet.

#8351     Aug 4, 2015
  2. romik

romik

Lucky day today, I normally get at least a couple of losers before I get a winner.

#8352     Aug 4, 2015
  3. Index futures rise overnight 90% of the time....that's a fact people. The odds of a rally tonight are very very high. It's almost a certainty.

#8353     Aug 4, 2015
  4. i960

i960

C'mon man it's not like it's going to happen *every* single night. It didn't really happen last night and IMO the technical look bearish. But hey, I get what you're saying, bullshit market wise. :)

#8354     Aug 4, 2015
  5. romik

romik

Some sort of self hypnotic mantra.

#8355     Aug 4, 2015
  6. Like magic it rises

#8356     Aug 4, 2015
  7. Like I said, stock index futures rise overnight 90% of the time, all these rookies bashing me, what a bunch of armatures, I'm right, that's nothing new.

#8357     Aug 5, 2015
  8. Almost up 100 Dow mini points, sure looks good when America wakes up, turns of the TV as they get ready for work...and all they here is...LOOKS LIKE A HIGHER OPEN ON WALLSTREET. All there little indicates show green up arrows. Makes folks feel better, it's all psychological. Look a little closer and you can clearly see the distribution going on.

Low volume rally's, high volume selloffs. Been going on all year. This rowing the markets up and down by the Federal Reserve via the index futures lets the big banks unwind near the top. Happens every election cycle.

#8358     Aug 5, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  9. All of yesterday losses, wiped away on 1/10 the volume, pretty magical. The cash market will get a nice gap up free of charge as they reprise there inventory based on the overnight stock index futures rally.

#8359     Aug 5, 2015
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Haha haha , so all we need for a rally to new highs is for the fed to keep saying rates aren't going up, yep, got it....
    did you read the comments out of Powell's mouth, "some further improvement in the labor market" what the fuck, how much more improvement do you possibly need, BUBBLE ben bernanke said rates would be going up once unemployment rates saw a 6 handle, here we are under 6% and they want more improvement in the labor market, stop with the fucking lies, admit the real reason you can't raise rates, the economy is worthless and can't even stand on its own is why we need zero interest rates, the economy can't even handle a .50% fed funds rate that's how weak it is, and inflation at or near 2% haha, it's a lot higher than 2%, just take a look around and go out and buy a slice of pizza and a half gallon of milk, call up and have a plumber clear your drain or a handyman come over and patch that hole in the wall, yep, no inflation, 2% haha, go take out a health insurance policy, my car insurance just went up 5%, where are you pulling this 2 fucking % number from???
    Just keep those fucking lies coming....

Futures jump on ADP miss, Powell comments

Jenny Cosgrave | @jenny_cosgrave
    6 Mins AgoCNBC.com
    U.S. stock index futures extended gains on Wednesday as investors digested a lower-than-expected read on private payrolls after a voting member of the Federal Reserve said on CNBC that nothing is decided on raising rates in September.
    The Dow futures briefly gained more than 120 points after trading about 70 points higher before the ADP data.

Federal Reserve Gov. Jerome Powell said Wednesday on CNBC's "Squawk Box" that the labor market continues to be strong, but he has not made up his mind yet on whether interest rates should be raised next month.

"Nothing has been decided and I haven't made any decisions of what I would support and certainly the committee hasn't," he said. "We're still working with the same framework, we're looking for some further improvement in the labor market and reasonable confidence on inflation going back to 2 percent in the medium term. I'm going to be very focused on the data from now until the meeting, particularly the labor market data."

#8360     Aug 5, 2015