Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Same thing everyday, futures rally overnight, cash market opens, then a selloff. Then up for the rest of the day. This is so easy.

#8271     Jul 31, 2015
  2. A 10 minute Sell off followed by, a six hour rally back up

#8272     Jul 31, 2015
  3. How can this be so easy, a freaking moron could make money in this market. Just sit tight it always comes right back. This entire year has been like a YO YO . The thing that's noticeable is how lite the volume is going back up. The federal reserve is controlling the markets rowing it up and down, giving wall street the opportunity to easy out of there large positions. That's why the volume is heavy on the down side.

#8273     Jul 31, 2015
  4. I kind of like how the Fed "accidentally" released some working paper on where rates would be 6 months, 1 year from now last Friday (which started a major down leg)...Then when volatility hits an acceptable high level, the Dovish talk comes back out...It's never been more obvious what a puppet she is to those who run the algo's up and down...

#8274     Jul 31, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  5. xandman

xandman

Is that paper still available on the net? Did it prescribe the hike and wait scenario?

#8275     Jul 31, 2015
  6. Good question...Never even thought to look for it after the news headline...

Fuzzy on the details of what rates were prognosticated...It seemed to suggest rates would be somewhere between 0.75 and 1.00 going out a year...

#8276     Jul 31, 2015
  7. xandman

xandman

Seems in line with hike and wait. Though, I think it just adds to more uncertainty.

#8277     Jul 31, 2015
  8. Right, but I kind of believe that they would love to jawbone the "froth" out of equities while actually not raising rates at all...I think further dollar strength is maybe a concern with a "hike and wait" approach...Either way they are in a damned if you, damned if you don't position for waiting far too long to balance out their emergency measures and years of ZIRP.

#8278     Jul 31, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

What's the exit strategy/reality on this trade ?

#8279     Jul 31, 2015
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

He says unlimited, but I hope he covered.

#8280     Jul 31, 2015