Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

I do agree with much of what you say, but it is always easy to find fault with others. Do you care to share your positioning as well?

#6651     Jun 4, 2015
  2. i960

i960

I take it you got killed here?

#6652     Jun 4, 2015
  3. i960

i960

Holding my ES shorts from 2116.25 and long VXM5 from 14.6.

#6653     Jun 4, 2015
  4. Max E.

Max E.

[​IMG]

#6654     Jun 5, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Ohhhh and guess what...
    Greece delays another payment ...

Just like I said over and over again...failure is rewarded .....its just like here in the US...every single damn time the debt ceiling is reached they raise it another few trillion....FAILURE IS REWARDED in this new worthless economy...no such thing as failure as all and any central banks will continue to bail out ...pump up... create worthless money out of thin air to keep anything and everything from collapsing ...Greece has been given tooooo many chances....enough is enough ....for once justttt once can we please let the free markets do what they are meant to do...enough of the interventions....let failure run its course for once as this entire global market needs a real fucking wake up call....

Greece delays IMF payment, PM to brief angry parliament

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tsipras-sees-greek-deal-differences-021234282.html

(Reuters) - Greece delayed a key debt payment to the International Monetary Fund due on Friday as Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, facing fury among his leftist supporters, demanded changes to tough terms from international creditors for aid to stave off default.The IMF said Athens planned to bundle four payments due in June into a single 1.6 billion euro (£1.16 billion) lump sum which is now due on June 30.It was the first time in five years of crisis that Greece has postponed a repayment on its 240 billion euro bailouts from euro zone governments and the IMF, even though Tsipras said earlier this week that Athens had the money and would make the payment.The delay came as German Chancellor Angela Merkel said talks on a cash-for-reforms deal were still far from reaching an agreement.In a sign of accelerating efforts to bridge the remaining differences, Tsipras, Merkel and French President Francois Hollande spoke late on Thursday evening via conference call, according to a Greek government official.Tsipras told the two leaders that the lenders' proposal could not be a basis for a deal because it was not taking into account the progress made in talks in Brussels over the past months, the official said adding that there was optimism that a deal could be reached soon.Tsipras, elected in January on a promise to end austerity, returned from late night talks with EU officials in Brussels to face an outcry over conditions that would breach the "red lines" his Syriza party has declared.He told ministers the government could not accept "extreme proposals" and said the creditors should understand that the Greek people had suffered enough and they "have to stop playing games at its expense", a Greek official said."They have not made any step back, regardless of the convergence reached during these four months on reforms that the Greek side included in its proposals but the lenders draft proposal did not," the official said on condition of anonymity.Tsipras is due to brief parliament on the negotiations from 1600 London time on Friday.Earlier the novice prime minister left the talks with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and the chairman of euro zone finance ministers, Jeroen Dijsselbloem saying a deal with lenders was "within sight" and that Athens would make a 300 million euro payment to the IMF on Friday. His tone appeared to harden after he ran into a backlash in Athens.LARGE GAPSEuropean officials continued to voice optimism that an agreement could be clinched in the coming days, but they acknowledged that large gaps remained to be bridged and said they expected Greek counter-proposals.Tsipras rejected pension cuts and a tax rise on electricity that he said the lenders were demanding along with other conditions to win the release frozen loans and avert a default that could hit euro zone and world markets.Sources familiar with the creditors' five-page plan said it also asked Athens to commit to selling off state assets and maintaining unpopular labour reforms, demands that would cross the party's declared red lines.

#6655     Jun 5, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  6. Yup

#6656     Jun 5, 2015
  7. We live in a central planned market.

#6657     Jun 5, 2015
  8. Oh I get it, no matter what the numbers, we have Dudley do right the super dove from the NY fed speaks today. You no darn well he will bend over.

#6658     Jun 5, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

20 mins job report....looking for 225,000

Would love to see a number 100,000 different than what they are looking for..

But im sure the number will be fine for a few reasons

Oil prices have stabilized and have gone higher which means less job cuts and probably more hiring in that sector

Its spring time and all beaches and tourist spots are open...everyone is grabbing at least a part time job on that end

And lastly they can spin these numbers any which way....
    As long as there is no wage inflation the fed will not have to worry about raising rates in 2015 ....
    Im not going to bother and predict since 89% of the time this number is completely off...

#6659     Jun 5, 2015
  10. S2007S

S2007S

You have outflows falling off a cliff but a steady climb in the S$P....how is this possible ...does any brilliant mind want to answer this....how could a chart like that go unnoticed ....something is propping this market up...wonder who or what it could be...hmmmmmn

#6660     Jun 5, 2015