Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. I doubt they will ever raise rates. They have shown time and time again. They just keep changing the metrics. Bernanke said once the employment rates falls below 6.00% they will start raising rates....Were now at 5.4%. I bet we fall under 5.00% and they still won't raise. They will point to retail sales or GDP...It's a circus.

#6311     May 14, 2015
  2. S2007S

S2007S

"THE RALLY IS JUST GETTING STARTED"
    thats what Ralph Acampora said today.....so the bull market thats already 6 years old and is up 200%+ is just getting started?

Reminds me of 2007 all over again....

Here's why you have to buy stocks: Acampora

Amanda Diaz | @CNBCDiaz
    2 Hours Ago

Stocks snapped back from a three-day losing streak on Thursday, with the Dow rising 1 percent and the S&P 500 closing at a record high. And while many market participants question how long stocks can maintain their momentum, one top technician says the rally is just getting started.

"There are two ways of looking at the market, you can anticipate a move or react to it," technical analyst Ralph Acampora said Thursday on CNBC's "Futures Now." "I think people need to react more because so far there hasn't been a major correction."

As of Thursday, the market hasn't seen a correction in 740 trading sessions, or since late 2011. But according to Acampora, head of technical analysis at Altaira, the broad market trend is still quite healthy. "Until you see the major moving averages broken, until you see the trends broken," there is no need to worry, he said. "We can stay in this range for a while and so far, the leading averages look just fine."

Of the lull in volatility, Acampora said it doesn't bother him that the VIX remains low. "We've had the VIX somewhere between 17 and 10 since the correction in 2011," he said. "That's not a sign of complacency, that's a sign of strength." Traders often look to the VIX to gauge the level of fear in the market, as a spike in the VIX tends to correspond with a selloff in stocks.

As far as where the market is heading, the so-called godfather of technical analysis sees another 7 to 8 percent upside in the S&P 500 by the end of the year. "I see the market going anywhere from 2,250 to 2,300," he said.

In any event, to Acampora, the message is clear: "Don't fight the trend. This [market] looks very, very good."

#6312     May 14, 2015
  3. S2007S

S2007S

So today the markets are trading flat and this is after news that

1. Economists cut forecast for economic growth in the 2nd qu and FULL YEAR, from 3% to 2.5%, a whole 1/2% yet the markets are trading at historical highs...

2. Consumer sentiment misses by a huge margin, stocks still don't care

3. Industrial output falls for 5 STRAIGHT MONTHS!!!!!! 5 Straight months and the markets are at historical highs....nothing, and I mean nothing can bring this market down, economic numbers are just missing left and right yet markets keep ignoring this fact, how can anyone take these numbers and spin them as good, I don't understand how this market is trading at historical highs as GDP figures keep on falling, I really think the next recession will only boost the dow to 20,000, there is nothing at all that can stop this market, this could be a 23 year bull market in the making without there ever being a correction of 10% or more, I don't know when or if reality will ever kick in, but when it does its going to be quite a picture to see, history will be written when that takes place and the true market finally shows itself......

Economists slash 2015 growth forecasts: Philly Fed
    2 Hours AgoReuters

Economists cut their forecasts for U.S. economic growth in the second quarter and full year, and trimmed expectations for U.S. labor market gains.

Economists see the economy growing at an annual rate of 2.5 percent in the current quarter, according to the Philadelphia Federal Reserve's quarterly survey of 44 forecasters, released on Friday. In last quarter's survey, released in February, growth for this quarter was forecast at 3.0 percent.

Read MoreConsumer sentiment posts big miss in May

Third-quarter 2015 growth was forecast at 3.1 percent, up from an estimate of 2.8 percent in February's survey, though full-year growth for 2015 was forecast at 2.4 percent, down from the previous estimate of 3.2 percent.

The pace of hiring was expected to decelerate in the current quarter compared with previous expectations, with an average rate of monthly nonfarm job growth seen around 195,300 versus a previous forecast of 233,800. For the third quarter, job growth is expected to average 223,300, a touch higher than the prior forecast of 222,000.

Read MoreUS industrial output falls for 5th straight month

Hiring should average 243,900 a month for all of 2015, compared with the prior full-year forecast of 252,500.

The jobless rate was expected to be 5.4 percent at the end of the current quarter and 5.3 percent by the end of the third quarter. The February survey had forecast a rate of 5.5 percent by the end of the current quarter.

The most recent official unemployment rate released by the government showed the jobless rate in April at 5.4 percent.

#6313     May 15, 2015
  4. Remember...Mondays are always up....starts Sunday evening with the stock index futures floating higher for the Monday morning new blasting " LOOKS LIKE A HIGHER OPEN ON WALLSTREET" and in keeping with tradition the VIX will gap up.

Lets revisit this Monday morning and you can see how my 15 years of following the index futures can make you rich also....BUY THE CLOSE PEOPLE.....I CERTAINALY WILL

#6314     May 15, 2015
  5. Watch what happens in ES after the cash close. We have a possible bearish candle setup in the daily's . They will try and void the setup, so watch closely.

#6315     May 15, 2015
  6. Here they go trying to push it up into the close, glad im long.

#6316     May 15, 2015
  7. So dang easy making free money when you know what's going to happen..haha.

#6317     May 15, 2015
  8. Under normal circumstances this would be cause for alarm....trust me these are not normal circumstances. This is a market that has been taken over by the central bank and they are not going to let it fall.

• DOJI.jpg
      DOJI.jpg
      File size:
      129.6 KB
      Views:
    #6318     May 15, 2015
  9. romik

romik

I switched to Heikin Ashi.

• spx.png
      spx.png
      File size: