Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Allaces

Allaces

Ignorance is certainly bliss.. but like I said, hysterical caps would not be out out place in a teen chatroom.. so while I'm sure you thing you are really unique and independent.. you have plenty of company among pubescent trolls

#2521     May 20, 2007
  2. @SiSePuede!

A couple of observations:

...and I also don't think you guys make any real decent amounts of money...

a) You didn't do your homework. I posted a couple of screenshots over time giving a pretty good idea of my account size and profits. You can look them up in the history of this thread. In particular, I remember you asked me twice about specific positions I had on. I posted screenshots and never heard back from you.

If seems if something backfires against you and your belief you back off and quickly resort to name calling again the next time around.

And now you call me a "buy and hold investor". Interesting. Why don't we compare monthly commissions? Me - being the "buy and hold investor" you think I am - should have next to nil, right? :D See below :)

I asked you about the devaluation in the dollars coupling with the climb in the indices essentially wiping out gains the last few years

b) Because your entire argument of "USD devaluation" had nothing to do with rising stock prices. You tried to sound smart by pulling out an argument from an unrelated asset class which was unimpressive. Well, maybe it was in a US centric view of the world. See there are people in the world that don't live in the US but still invest in USD denominated assets. Hence they tend to hedge their USD exposure. I do have mine - in all investments (trading account, hedge funds and bonds) - hedged against CHF + EUR + GBP since 2005. Yes, before you jump into my face again: I did not have perfect timing for selling the USD and on top of that, I end up paying ~2% annual performance for that. I wish I had done it earlier. While I watch currencies (because they impact liquidity) I don't care much what the USD dollar does, unless there were a sudden implosion which could cause overnight liquidity contraction.

Essentially, people think you're an idiot because you act like one.

c) I love that. I love to provoke insecure people like yourself and I love sarcasm by nature. I am mature (and independent) enough to not care what people think of me on a message board nor anywhere else in my life. You sound like you're 22-25 years old, very smart and eloquent and now you think it's time you wander out into the world and impress people to gain respect and self esteem. Maybe you still wonder if people think you're cool and what it might take for them to accept you. Don't worry, we all go through that stage. Life is a journey, it changes in stages and you will go through them. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

#2522     May 20, 2007
  3. Allaces

Allaces

Everyone just thinks you are a moron that loses money Makloda.. the only thing you provoke is sympathy and disgust

#2523     May 20, 2007
  4. That's cool with be :p

#2524     May 20, 2007
  5. Allaces

Allaces

You are nervous and insecure, thats why you said be instead of me.. you are transparent

#2525     May 20, 2007
  6. haha Okay, have a great Sunday, Im heading out to the office

#2526     May 20, 2007
  7. Allaces

Allaces

You gave yourself away and folded like a cheap suit.. but I'm sure you crack under pressure like that all the time during market hours :p

#2527     May 20, 2007
  8. I never stated that you ARE a buy and hold investor...get it straight.

Are you honestly gloating about $7k in commissions? I can go out and buy a shitload of cheap options contracts and rack up commissions all day, wowsers! $7k in commissions isn't that much silly rabbit...that's a really stupid way to measure performance.

For a guy who gloats about the indices gain to shrug off the sliding of the USD seems rather stupid considering the US markets are based on USD. So you hedge your USD assets while investing in the indices for 30% gains in 4 year time spans? Cute.

You are right...I'm 25. I'm not trying to impress anyone and you clearly took what I said personally because you responded at length. I have plenty of self-esteem. I've been trading/investing for a few years and went from ~$50k to almost $2M. Not bad for mostly buying and holding small caps. Your little spats of retorting when confronted are silly. At what point in your life did you go through a stage where you wondered about what it took for people to think you were cool? :D I'm interested in that one....I'll be waiting for some bullshit story.

#2528     May 20, 2007
  9. a) Congrats. I may be ahead of your account size but way behind you on ROI%. You will have caught up in no time. Keep trading well and stop jumping at people and you will be both richer and a maybe.. just maybe.. also a lot happier :p Good trading!

b) I am not gloating over $6k paid last month, I wish I paid less :( Anyways, the take away here is: If you stick people into pigeon holes based on message board posts you are more often wrong than right.

c) I don't think you need more "stories" at this point.

#2529     May 20, 2007
  10. Cheers bro, I think you're smart, I just wish you'd actually discuss what you know instead of pumping so much....that was my original point.

I'll hopefully catch up to you in account size...give me another year, I have some good buy and hold stocks I'm buying up right now that may be good for a 3-5X gain. :D

#2530     May 20, 2007