Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. It's starting to look like Carol Anne went back into the light.

#21521     Oct 15, 2018
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Another joke for today!!!
    Yep not even days into this drop and good old goldman says sell off is just about over....haaaaaaaaaa
    Needed that to start my week...a good old wholesome joke....

Goldman says the sell-off is just about over and tells investors to get back into growth stocks
    • Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin said there is "limited further downside" for stocks after the recent sell-off sent the Dow industrials down almost 6 percent.
    • Strong fundamentals, including rising earnings and return on equity, should limit the damage, he said.
    • Goldman continues to call for a 2,850 price target on the S&P 500, which would be about 3 percent higher from Friday's close.
    • Goldman is advising clients to shift to growth stocks with an emphasis on strong balance sheets.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/gol...bout-over-so-get-back-into-growth-stocks.html

#21522     Oct 15, 2018
  3. jasonc

jasonc

S&P and Dow back to green and 100 point rally in nasdaq futures! This bull market still has plenty of legs and next will be thanksgiving and christmas rallies.

These two weeks look like January and February where everything bounced back quickly the next week.

#21523     Oct 15, 2018
  4. jasonc

jasonc

Took out the highs from Fridays closing spike, bottom is in and reinforced by earnings

#21524     Oct 16, 2018
  5. jasonc

jasonc

Wow this has been the most straight up day i have had in a while! over 3% on Nasdaq and 2% on DOW and S&P! Trump is now bashing fed to push it up higher! Nasdaq is now 5% off the lows.

#21525     Oct 16, 2018
  6. What a freaking day. Amazing.

#21526     Oct 16, 2018
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I just posted this pic in another thread...

Should we not we expect this to be the new normal now?

Just extrapolate the latest line position in your mind since it is not reflecting current closing price.

dow2018.jpg

#21527     Oct 16, 2018
  8. I'm a little slow Overnight - what are you saying with that chart? Expect drops with quick recoveries? Not much of a chartist, sorry.

Thanks!

#21528     Oct 16, 2018
  9. Overnight

Overnight

That is the general idea, aye. That cycle will of course come to an end, but for now with robust earnings coming, and 4th Q looming, I suspect more of this action until end of January.

#21529     Oct 16, 2018
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The joke is every time you get cynical about markets and talk about anywhere from 25-60% crashes the market goes up.

#21530     Oct 16, 2018