Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Bowgett

Bowgett

Futures are up already. It would be funny if market gaps up and erases all today's losses :)

#1761     Feb 28, 2007
  2. faure

faure

Yeah I got it wrong.

#1762     Feb 28, 2007
  3. MattF

MattF

ruh-roh...ES already up about 14 points since the market close...I even snagged a couple on afterhours trading...:p

#1763     Feb 28, 2007
  4. MattF

MattF

All bets are entirely off if anything close to that happens...then it's truly a no-predict, up we go market.

(FYI, the China market is also up around 4% now)

#1764     Feb 28, 2007
  5. Asia just closed:

Shanghai: 2,881 +109.28/+3.94%
    Nikkei 225: 17,604 -515.80/-2.85%

Watch the USDJPY, on my hourly chart the low of yesterday was 117.85. We're retracing a tiny bit... if the next move takes out that low it will put more strain on a lot of players which would in turn be forced into liquidation. We're not out of the woodshed yet, not by a long shot.

Do not listen to bullshit like PE ratios, any morons on Bubblevision today or "We're oversold" talk. JPY up or down is key, nothing else. If you have longterm stock exposure add puts while they're cheap. I bought 60 SPY May 143 PUTs contracts which were at-the-money at the time I bought them with a VIX of 14. These protect the long portion of my account 1:1. Paying (and losing due to time premium erosion) 14% premium is dirt cheap considering historic levels.

I would be careful going net short equities too, at least of for the short-term. Bernanke is speaking today, and regardless of what he says just his mere media presence will probably have a soothing effect on the markets (at least for a couple hours).

Preserve your capital. I am net neutral equities, short dollar and long many commodities (except gas). Cash is king.

[​IMG]

#1765     Feb 28, 2007
  6. At the rate the futures in premarket is going, I think we'll open up above yesterday's opening :D

I feel Eqtrdr coming out of the woodwork.

#1766     Feb 28, 2007
  7. 'WOODS'!...It's 'WOODS'!....Not 'Woodshed'....billybob!

#1767     Feb 28, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Apex: Youll see.... Just because the market gets bought up in the afternoon doesnt mean anything. We are in a bull market, its supposed to. Bull markets dont just roll over in a day, it takes time. They sucker people like you in and then will take out any money you have made buying the pullbacks in a week. Just watch the prices I stated earlier.

Actually, Apex, i'm with you on this. Was just being sarcastic because of the zero risk fools. I've been sitting on cash or hedged in my few long positions since December in my investment accounts, just waiting for the inevitable correction that we got yesterday. And in my intraday account anything makes me happy so long as the market will move a bit. Cheers.

P.S. It's been a nice week so far!

#1768     Feb 28, 2007
  9. No you don't. I was listening to a broker scream about what a scam the VIX options where when his call didn't make him as much money as he thought yesterday. The underlying for VIX derivatives is not VIX spot...

#1769     Feb 28, 2007
  10. piezoe

piezoe

...Greenspan fires the recession shot heard 'round the world.

So ironic!... since Greenspam, more than anyone else, was responsible for the present housing collapse. His unbridled zeal at lowering the discount rate to depths not seen since Dante's Inferno assured his zionist-sympathizer, profligate buddies that they would occupy the Whitehouse, but also pumped so much excess liquidity into the economy that we will now get to "enjoy" the "Greenspam Recession" that he has so "aptly" predicted.

#1770     Feb 28, 2007