Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. <i>"I love when the Fed says.....

"bla blah no inflation.... blah blah.. well contained.... blah blah.. data dependent.."

100% up room to go $$$"</i>

Looks like the big boys pouring $$ billions into CRB index today have some different views about inflation.

#1391     Feb 21, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

17 mins and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1392     Feb 21, 2007
  3. If the dark is where the money is at someone turn off the electricity so I can have more $$ to leverage baby!!

Forex definitely isn't popping to much.

Could you just basically explain to me the premise of Equities Futures??

#1393     Feb 21, 2007
  4. Gas, Oil, Silver, Gold going up = economy is rolling at full steam ahead = companies produce more goods and can increase prices to consumers = companies make more cash = 100-110% up room to go in the indexes :D

If commodities go down in a week or two = Fed has room to lower rates = cheaper money for companies and private equity to jack up stock market prices = more $$$ in the indexes

It's a fool's game trying to rationalize this beyond the obvious. The only way is up.

#1394     Feb 21, 2007
  5. ROFL!!!

is there risk yet??

I love ZERO risk$$

#1395     Feb 21, 2007
  6. Seems there is more risk in your fixed deposit account with a triple A rated bank than in the equity indexes!!!!!!! ZERO risk and a new great bull market, what else could we wish for!!!

Anybody saw the BOJ raise their rates to 0.50% today and the Yen took a shi** as a result? The carry trade lives on and will flood us with more free money :D

#1396     Feb 21, 2007
  7. yeah... that 6 month CD I just put some money into scares me.... who knows.. maybe the bank defaults and I cant get paid from FDIC...

going to close that account and put it 100% margin into long index futures baby $$$

#1397     Feb 21, 2007
  8. What do you mean? how to trade it? how the margins work? I'd love to write it all down but I'm too lazy :D

The gist is, you get pretty good leverage for a minimum required margin to trade. Obviously, the higher the leverage, the more dangerous it is.

I'd look into YM or ES for starters and stay away from ER2 until you get more experience. That's my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

Now back to the topic at hand - 100% up room to go.
    :D

#1398     Feb 21, 2007
  9. It sure looks like you can just wait until it makes a low around 10:30-11:00 then buy and hold for the next few hours.

#1399     Feb 21, 2007
  10. Good call bro!!! Can't argue against a ES Sharpe ratio of 20.0 and risk of ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1400     Feb 21, 2007