Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Carl Icahn is warning again of bubbles in art and RE, I have been saying there has been a bubble in art, real estate & private car collections for a few years now, the bubble just keeps on getting bigger and bigger, this is common sense yet only a few people see it happening the rest are obvious to it and keep paying record auction prices for art and cars, he said "THE FED MAY HAVE BACKED ITSELF INTO A CORNER", MAY???? hahah they already have, there isnt any MAY HAVE, they HAVE backed themselves into a corner with no way out.......

He goes on to say "WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE"

I have an answer for that, ITS TOO LATE TO DRAW THAT LINE, the bubble is too big now, the fed has once again created another crisis that it cannot stop, as I have repeated many times over THE ONLY WAY TO CREATE GROWTH IN OUR NEW WORLD ECONOMIES IS THROUGH THE CREATION OF ASSET BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!

THE FED IS WAY TO LATE TO RAISE RATES NOW, fu$king FOOLS!

Danger ahead—that's the warning from Carl Icahn in a video coming Tuesday.

The activist says low rates caused bubbles in art, real estate and high-yield bonds—with potentially dramatic consequences.

"It's like giving somebody medicine and this medicine is being given and given and given and we don't know what's going to happen - you don't know how bad it's going to be. We do know when we did it a few years ago it caused a catastrophe, it caused '08. Where do you draw the line?"

Read MoreWhat happened to bond bubble? It's ready to pop

In a telephone interview, Icahn said he's "more hedged now than I've been in years."

"The Fed may have backed itself into a corner. They should have absolutely raised rates six months ago," adding it's difficult now because of global concerns.

#10321     Sep 28, 2015
  2. Visaria

Visaria

sold some canadian dollar futures at 7488, hard stop 7530. don't understand why they haven't sold off much in response to weaker commodity prices. maybe because oil is at or approaching support levels in its current range? anyway, small position, will add if crude breaks support.

#10322     Sep 28, 2015
  3. S2007S

S2007S

$10 price target reached!!!!

UP NEARLY 12% today!!!

Thinking about going back into NUGT!!!!

These 2 trade like clock work, hoping it stays that way. Thinking JDST has more room to run but will be selling soon and buying back again under $9, only thing is these ETF are going to have a reverse stock split which I wasn't hoping for, I like trading these ETFs in the single digits, looks like in a few days that will no longer be the case!

UPDATE:

SOLD @ $10.00 even!!!

Will wait for reverse split to start trading JDST and NUGT again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    #10323     Sep 28, 2015
  4. S2007S

S2007S

#10324     Sep 28, 2015
  5. Visaria

Visaria

i have to keep googling these symbols to find out what the hell you are trading! :)

#10325     Sep 28, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

haha, all ETFS, no stocks

Stay away from them though, they are all too risky, if you go ahead and want to trade them go in light.....

They move quick when their is heavy volatility, meaning at least 5-20% moves in a single day!

#10326     Sep 28, 2015
  7. tempted to cover here and take profits, but 1820 looks like a magnet :D

#10327     Sep 28, 2015
  8. S2007S

S2007S

You know how quick these markets move, this morning I was extremely quick to take profits in

ERY
    CVOL and
    UVXY

They all skyrocketed again after I sold them. I thought the market was going to quickly turn around and go green, never happened....

I even had UVXY at around $48 on Friday and was happy to sell it around $53 for a quick day trade last Friday, little did I know that if I had held on just until today I could have gotten another $8 worth of profits out of that stock on the UPSIDE....

so who knows, the market could easily erase all these losses by tomorrow morning, thats why overtime I think there is a breakdown coming in the market it gets propped up the next day or 2 leaving me to make a decision to sell for a small profit or wait it out for the next big move down where I can make massive profits by waiting patiently.

The way these markets have been moving with this volatility you can sell today and probably put that same trade back on in less than a week or 2

#10328     Sep 28, 2015
  9. romik

romik

I am going after 1,725 SPX

#10329     Sep 28, 2015
  10. S2007S

S2007S

whewwwwww...

good luck...

As much as I want to let go of more Short etfs Im waiting out for a break below dow 16,000 to take off some more trades, will see a bounce after that to probably 16300-16500 and Ill add more once the dow is back up...

#10330     Sep 28, 2015