Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

by the way everyone keeps on talking about inflation is under 2% blah blah blah blah

a parking garage I go to just raised their parking fees from .50 cents to $3.00

yes I know everyone is going to say its just $2.50 more, but thats a 500 fuc$king %%%% increase in parking fees, 500%%%%%%%%

#10311     Sep 28, 2015
  2. S2007S

S2007S

HMMMMMMM

someone knows something the little guys just don't have a clue about!!!!!!

Options markets are pricing in a big swing for the S&P 500 this week, according to Goldman Sachs.

Related Stories
    1. Goldman: The Options Market Says the S&P 500 Is Poised for a Major Move this Week Just don't ask which direction the move will be in.

Goldman Equity Derivatives Strategist Krag "Buzz" Gregory observes that the S&P 500 straddle -- a trade that profits if the market goes at least a certain magnitude either up or down -- is pricing in a gain or loss of 2.4 percent this week, based on options set to expire on Friday. As such, the S&P 500, which closed at 1,931 on Friday, would have to fall below 1,885 or rise above 1,978 this week for options traders to make a positive return on the straddle trade.

#10312     Sep 28, 2015
  3. Well, last Thursday the JPM analyst released his "everyone will buy the S&P futures" report at exactly the time that squeeze started...Just in time for it to be dumped back to the lows starting Friday...

#10313     Sep 28, 2015
  4. romik

romik

Yesss!

#10314     Sep 28, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I have been sitting here extremely patient waiting for the AUGUST 24th lows to be revisited and I'm actually baffled by how long this is taking, I have added short etfs left and right only to sell them at a profit, but my goal was to hold them until the AUGUST 24th lows came and new lows below dow 15,000 come, however every time I see the market sell off 200-300 thinking the bottom is going to drop out it rallies right back up, so every time I add a short position and get the opportunity to sell it on days like today I take that opportunity to sell and lock in gains, however I know Im going to wake up one morning to see the markets in crisis mode and the markets off 5%+ and only wish the shorts I keep buying and selling for small profits were the ones I held out for massive gains, last huge drop on August 24th I missed by about 2 days, missed out on $4000 worth of gains in only 2 days of trading by selling most of my shorts off that Thursday and Friday before the massive 1000 point drop that monday morning....

#10315     Sep 28, 2015
    der_kommissar likes this.
  6. romik

romik

5pts to monthly death cross

#10316     Sep 28, 2015
  7. Visaria

Visaria

yeah, it's a conundrum, ain't it? we all think we can trade all the little swings, make a net profit, feel good, and then comes along the realisation we just had to sell and hold for the big swing and make multiples of what was made trading the little swings.

#10317     Sep 28, 2015
  8. S2007S

S2007S

yea all the little profits I made make me feel good that I can trade these swings but missing out on that one big swing that could net you more profits in 1-2 days that took 6 months to a year to get can really get you down sometimes....im trying to keep my timing, I have short etfs I will NOT sell until the bottom falls out from underneath this market....yes a few I have profits in and am willing to sell at this very moment but I know once I do thats when the big drop will occur and those small profits I could take today could be very massive if the markets repeat another august 24th opening....

#10318     Sep 28, 2015
  9. S2007S

S2007S

NASDAQ just keeps losing steam, just continuous downtrend since the open, almost off 100 points.....the drop started on friday and hasn't stopped. I thought tech would get a boost after hearing about record iphone sales but even thats doing nothing to stop it which is telling you something big...

#10319     Sep 28, 2015
  10. All that backfilling is mostly short covering, the market is shaking out the weak hands before it drops hard.

#10320     Sep 28, 2015