Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. romik

romik

2. As usual the futures will rise overnight, happens 90% of the time.

#10222     Sep 23, 2015
    spencer and FCXoptions like this.
  3. yea on that same note, seems that trading the ES during the Asian and London session offers much more transparency and much less manipulation (abit lower volume/more slippage). Your comments may come true to some extent because the Fed, without the ability to lower rates and on the cusp of a rate rise, may resort to desperation moves and comments, constant jawboning and offering longs many chances to squeeze shorts in mid NY session as overall sentiment gets more and more bearish (gloom and doom).

PS: CAT led this whole move way back in late July (buying the Dip in CAT in May would have been brutal). I got to remember to keep CAT on one of my always on streaming charts...old school guys are patting themselves on back lately for keeping Dow utilities on permanent screen chart and it did indeed pay off late in the summer..if I only had 1 more monitor, wait 2 more monitors..oh hell 3 more monitors on my setup

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    #10223     Sep 23, 2015
  4. spencer

spencer

#10224     Sep 23, 2015
  5. I have my doubts that VN is ever bearish...

#10225     Sep 23, 2015
  6. I think it used to be 95% of the time...Caveat Emptor: the 10% it doesn't = financial death...

#10226     Sep 23, 2015
  7. weird stuff happening overnight in china session.

Longtime CNBC Hong Kong host Bernie lo, who often speaks his mind on air, is missing now for 2 weeks and presumed to be held by people's party security personnel for making slanderous statements against China economic policy. His show has been moved out of Hong Kong and to London as a night show hosted by london personnel, then at 10pm eastern US time, the normal singapore programming along with aussie based segments begins. Bernie's female co host has been whisked out of the country and curently appears on the london morning segment.

In other news:

The World Bank sought to head off accusations on Friday that it had bowed to Chinese pressure and censored itself by removing a contentious chapter on the country’s financial system from a report on china.

After releasing its latest assessment of the state of the Chinese economy this week, the World Bank quietly removed from its website a chapter that delineated “reform priorities in China’s financial sector”.

The original chapter, published on Wednesday along with the rest of the bank’s latest china news, gave warning that “the poor performance of the financial system” had confirmed previous assessments that the system was “unbalanced, repressed, costly to maintain and unstable”.

It also highlighted “risks stemming from wasteful investment, over-indebtedness and a weakly regulated shadow-banking system”.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    #10227     Sep 24, 2015
    i960 and steve2222 like this.
  8. Another day, another gap down on the SPX.

#10228     Sep 24, 2015
  9. old yeller is speaking today, that might be the catalyst for a steeper decline

#10229     Sep 24, 2015
  10. romik

romik

Meanwhile in ENGLAND the FTSE just couldn't stay up...Quick queenie, say SOMETHING! Just think it's Xmas...

[​IMG]

#10230     Sep 24, 2015