Gotta' love the outliers...What is this lol

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Overnight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Just got this in an e-mail alert...

"New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. ("NYMEX" or "Exchange") is notifying the Commodity Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC" or "Commission") that it is self-certifying amendments to the HMS 80/20 Ferrous Scrap, CFR Turkey (Platts) Futures contract (Rulebook Chapter: 867; Commodity Code: FSF) ("Contract") effective on Sunday, February 4, 2018 for trade date Monday, February 5, 2018 and commencing with the February 2018 contract month and beyond.

In addition, effective immediately and until Sunday, February 4, 2018 for trade date Monday February 5, 2018, the Exchange will suspend trading of the Contract on CME Globex and submission for clearing via CME ClearPort of all contract months of the Contract. There is currently no open interest in the Contract.
    "

What the hell is the HMS 80/20 Ferrous scrap/CFR Turkey future contract?!?

LOL!

I know, I could look it up and figure it out, but I just find these notices so left field and funny/in-your-face when the majority of the world trades "known" futures.

That is deep, deep commodity stuff that I reckon' is a physical, buried low in the bowels of up/downstream supply. Fun!

kellys likes this.
  2. Turkey futures?

That's what they call anyone long bitcoyne

kellys likes this.