Got System Cocked, Where Do I Shoot?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by btowntrader54, Aug 15, 2008.

1. that is a reasonable summation.

#11     Aug 18, 2008
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

yeah, so what are winton capital management, QIM, Transtrend, etc. doing? Are they crazy giving 70-80% of profits to investors? They obviously have a working systems.

You have totally no clue, the #1 thing in trading is what size you trade, the least important is whether you share your profits or not.

And regarding systems: there are many working systems available for free or with minimal effort to design them. I feel sorry for you if you can't find them.
    The issue are not systems, the issue is to have decent capital to trade them. If your problem is the opposite and you don't believe that anyone with a working system will share it, then go invest in a fixed term deposits.

#12     Aug 18, 2008
  3. pclark

pclark

Could you or someone point me in the direction of the working systems? I see lots of people selling things but no one I have seen giving them for free.[

QUOTE]Quote from DT-waw:

yeah, so what are winton capital management, QIM, Transtrend, etc. doing? Are they crazy giving 70-80% of profits to investors? They obviously have a working systems.

You have totally no clue, the #1 thing in trading is what size you trade, the least important is whether you share your profits or not.

And regarding systems: there are many working systems available for free or with minimal effort to design them. I feel sorry for you if you can't find them.
    The issue are not systems, the issue is to have decent capital to trade them. If your problem is the opposite and you don't believe that anyone with a working system will share it, then go invest in a fixed term deposits.
    [/QUOTE]

#13     Aug 26, 2008
  4. Listen up haters.

I have produced what I believe to be a solid product: a set of two indicators usable in system form when combined. Offering a trader the product for a low performance-based fee (10% of net proceeds) guarantees that my success depends on the system's success. If it doesn't continue working, I don't get paid. Nobody's looking for something from nothing.

Naive has nothing to do with it. I don't want to leave my FT job to go trade my system. I know what career path I'm on and I"d like to stay moving in that direction - going out as an independent trader for any period of time is not going to help the cause. Simple as that. I've developed something with value (in my opinion) and I'd like to secure some economic benefit from it without being the active user. Fairly simple concept - hopefully simple enough for some of the haters on ET to comprehend.

#14     Aug 28, 2008
  5. tango29

tango29

What do you want? Someone who will run the system with their money and split profits? What platform does it need? I'll run it for you, but I wouldn't use real money for awhile until I understood how it worked and had proof for myself that it worked. Your word just ain't good enough.

#15     Aug 28, 2008
  6. Why would you even start this endeavor if you knew the whole time that you wouldn't have the time nor the desire to trade it yourself?

#16     Aug 28, 2008

7. A User needs MS Excel and a live data feed they can program into it. eSignal works (being used by one person, BBerg by another). How/where/who you trade through doesn't matter to me.

I expect people to dry test it prior to getting their feet wet. I'd never expect someone I don't know to take my word for it when it comes to money and trading/investing. Precisely how it works wouldn't be divulged for obvious reasons but the basic concept would be explained.

Due to restrictions about marketing stuff on ET I won't go into further detail. PM me if you'd like information.

Trader273:
    #1- I enjoy the markets
    #2- I enjoy winning
    #3- One can still profit if they're not the Quarterback... the indicator can be thought of like the Coach, or one of the people who put together the playbook. Each of them benefit even though they're not the ones running the plays on the field.

#17     Aug 28, 2008
  8. bespoke

bespoke

Are the 2008 stats forward tested results? What years did you optimize on? Do backtested results match closely with forward tested results? If you actually created your results by optimizing on 2008 you have a lot to learn....

Nobody will take you seriously if it's just backtested results. Automate it, throw it on collective2 and build a track record.... and if it works you'll have people lining up from all over the world.

#18     Aug 28, 2008
  9. I'll program it on ninjatrader for you. Then you can run it yourself and split the winnings with me.

#19     Aug 28, 2008
  10. eagle

eagle

One utmost reason to share a winning system, that I can see is, to get the capital needed to start. If one already has the minimum capital requirement for the system then he will keep his mouth shut. By selling it to the general public, that system is guaranteed to be weakening in the long run. Time isn't an issue here, by having both winning system and capital then one will automatically find time to trade.

#20     Aug 28, 2008