Got Milk?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by trader482, Mar 23, 2017.

1. trader482

trader482

84.5 grams of protein in a 52 ounce bottle! I've been drinking a bottle a day for a few weeks with no problems. Protein powder not needed. :thumbsup:

https://fairlife.com/

upload_2017-3-23_10-44-19.png

2. That's fine as long as you're not part of the 75% of the world's population that's lactose intolerant. :D

Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. trader482

trader482

Lactose free!

upload_2017-3-23_10-55-14.png

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. Bottle a day seems a little much, but I like the idea. I've been drinking whole milk from a local dairy. Maybe I'll pick up some of this next trip to the store.

5. CET

CET

I'd be worried about the excessive calcium intake if you are drinking a bottle a day. There are negative impacts from this.

6. trader482

trader482

I'm eating less meat so I'm trying to get more protein from dairy.

7. trader482

trader482

It's not how much calcium you get, it's how much is absorbed. calcium absorption starts at 7:40 - ends @ 27:00

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  8. I'm all for protein like OP. Western diets contain way too much carbs.

The thing that concerns me about milk is how processed it's become lately. I mean, look at the bottle pictured. Fat-free, ultra-filtered, lactose-free. Imagine the heavy duty industrial processes required to achieve those 3 features.

I get almost all my protein from eggs, beans and nuts because they're basically 1 production step.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I stopped drinking milk a few years ago and almost overnight all of my allergies went away, which was basically a miracle for me.

No more runny nose or sneezing. No more Claritin D. No more Flonase.

MKTrader likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

@Baron Hmm. Have you tried Lactaid? Would be curious to know if it was the lactase causing your issue, or something else in the regular milk you used to consume.

#10     Mar 23, 2017