Got a vacation pic?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by KCalhoun, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Happy you had a good vacation, you deserved it!

#31     Nov 16, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. themickey

themickey

Hmmm, could make for an interesting study, fisherman and traders - swing traders - investors.

#32     Nov 16, 2021
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never gone fishing in my life, something I regret now in these pandemic times.

#33     Nov 19, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

The first time I ever fished was when I was *this tall*. Caught a large goldfish in a pond near my home, from the shore. Then at some point shortly after catching it a large goose attacked me, running at me and hissing and all that. The thing was as tall as I was. Traumatized me, and I didn't try fishing again for like 10 years after that.

So if you want to try your hand at land-based fishing, bring along some goose repellent. Like a 10-gauge shotgun.

#34     Nov 19, 2021
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

:D Thankfully I've seen no geese in the local water bodies, though there has been the occasional swan.

#35     Nov 23, 2021
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have been in a few places in my life, but I have never seen this many windy roads, as in the North Carolina mountains! Driving here literally made me dizzy. Anyhow Chimney Rock, clouds in the valley and Whitewater falls.

#36     Dec 12, 2021
    mlawson71, tango29 and KCalhoun like this.
  7. mlawson71

mlawson71

That is a beautiful, beautiful place, Pekelo!

#37     Dec 24, 2021
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

So after the North Carolina mountains, we drove down to the beach in South Carolina. I have a new favorite, Edisto beach. It is between Hilton Head and Kiawah islands, but unlike them it is not a private island! In those two you need a resort reservation, that kinda turned me off, although I have spent a week on HH a few years ago.

Anyhow Edisto is the shit! No traffic (well this time of the year) free and plenty of parking everywhere, 6 restaurants, a grocery shop and a liquor shop. That is all you need for happiness. The beach is full of shells (unlike the other 2) and you have other islands to look at instead of just the emptiness of the sea.

Christmas parade, Driftwood beach, sunset, Angel Oak (400 years), Charleston Tea (only in the US) Company, Kiawah river.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    #38     Dec 24, 2021
    mlawson71 likes this.
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

That beach is incredible! Great photos, Pekelo!

#39     Jan 11, 2022
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, about that. Traveling is like trading, timing is everything. On the other hand you could have some fantastic wartime adventures, for free...

I am down in Florida again, because it is cold up in the North, with a Nor'easter coming this weekend. That is called good timing.

#40     Jan 28, 2022
    themickey likes this.