Got a spot w/swifttrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by wutangfinancial, Nov 28, 2007.

1. What the hell branch do you work at?!

#11     Dec 2, 2007
  2. caligula

caligula

my advice is don't listen to what herd tells you. no one's going to tell you a secret strategy, or tool that's going to make it easy. don't waste time looking for a grail either. guys that win big lose big too.. just the nature of it

in the first few weeks just try to get a general feeling for order flow.. look for high volume stocks around even dollars, 50 cent marks, etc. that should help you, or at least give you a general idea of the tricks people play

#12     Dec 2, 2007

3. Either you're lying or you're referring to another prop shop.

Even the best trader in Haifa doesn't make that much.

#13     Dec 3, 2007
  4. Ok, then I was lied to. That's actually worrisome for me.

Anyhow, Prop trading counts as experience for the CFA, which is good news.

#14     Dec 3, 2007
  5. bespoke

bespoke

If he's talking about Sammy, then it's not a lie (though it may not be the complete truth). It's funny how a guy in his mid-20s is referred to as a senior trader :)

#15     Dec 3, 2007

6. are you sure?

#16     Dec 3, 2007
  7. his name is in fact Sam...

#17     Dec 3, 2007
  8. jj90

jj90

Doesn't matter if your friends were hustling. Question is did you understand the dynamics of the hustle?

I never got why people look down on swift. Where else in the world can one get so easily accepted into a firm that gives you money to cowboy around with? One should at the very least learn something about the markets, and who cares about what goes on a resume? Your gonna have a part time job working at swift anyways. Put that one on.

#18     Dec 3, 2007
  9. T28 is back again where have you been twat?

#19     Dec 3, 2007
  10. Wutangfinancial
    “Will working for a craphole place like swifttrade benefit me at all?”

How exactly are we supposed to answer that? I guess you will just have to work there and find out for yourself. Obviously you will have to consider opportunity cost before making your decision. If you are a risk adverse person then you should go with a steady job. You will find that more suitable. If you like risk then starting at Swifttrade might be the way to go. However, you should be well aware of the fact that there are no guarantees in life.

Wutangfinancial
    “A lot of my friends growing up are/were hustlers.”

Sounds to me like you were hanging out with the wrong crowd. Avoid hustling at all costs. Reputation counts for a lot in the trading business and you don’t want to be known as a crook. Besides hustling skills aren’t going to help you when trading electronically because there is no interaction with other people. Sure there are games played when bidding and offering but it is more of a guessing game and trying to figure out what is real and what isn’t rather than hustling. Hustling always implies some kind of cheating and I don't see how you will be able to cheat the market. Manipulation games often backfire with devastating consequences. Simply put the pros see your bid/offer coming and will take you down a notch to teach you a lesson. Unless you are an insider to that stock there is no point in trying to "hustle" the market.

#20     Dec 3, 2007