Got a spam from Baron?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What email did Baron send? Was he pimping penny stocks? really? Is this a joke? I do not believe it...Baron is playing around.

ES

P.S. did anybody make any money on the penny stock play? HeHe

#21     Feb 18, 2011
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

not long enough, you just miss the cut off date.:D

#22     Feb 19, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Actually, that isn't a silly question. The email was sent when KNKT was around 1.4ish and on Friday it was above 1.7 before the last 30 minutes took it down.

Now had they spammed it 3 days earlier, when it was around $1.16 , we could have made 60% in 6 or so trading days!!

Apparently, in spamming (just like in trading) timing is everything!!! :)

#23     Feb 19, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

"If you're promoting a time-sensitive event or special offer, we can do a dedicated email on your behalf to our subscriber list, which currently contains approx. 43,000 traders."

Rate per Mailing $2775

http://www.elitetrader.com/ad/mediakit.cfm

#24     Feb 19, 2011
  5. My eyes have been opened..well...huh...there goes my purpose in life...

the trader has sold out...

ELectricSatire

#25     Feb 19, 2011
  6. mxjones

mxjones

I am not sure why it is such a controversy that the people who run this site want to have a profitable business. Frankly, most of you people are just stupid. Baron didn't sell or give away your information, and in my years on ET I have never gotten SPAM from ET. I've gotten emails, because I have not unchecked that preference, but I have never gotten SPAM. Since I use a unique email address for ET, it would be easy to tell if my information was ever sold or given away. It has not in the five years I have been a member.

I swear some of you people don't have enough common sense to cross the street by yourself.

#26     Feb 20, 2011
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I will try to make this my last post in this thread and I request the mods to close this thread, since everything has been explained and cleared up, but just in case, I will summarize it:

Never let facts kick you in the ass, even he said so. What do you call letting advertisers use the email database for money? I guess rent would be a better word, since he does the massmailing on the behalf of the advertisers, and not just giving out the emails for any kind of use. We thank him for that.

My personal concern was about the origin of the spam, since it doesn't happen very often, so I wasn't sure if it was authorized (and I didn't know all the facts). Here is what we learnt and these happen to be the FACTS:

1. As described in the site's policy, ET has the right to spam the posters occasionally with promotional materials. This is part of ET's business practice.

2. Posters who doesn't want to be contacted in this manner have the ability to opt out.

3. The business side of ET is not up for debates, Baron runs it in any way he likes it. It is take it or leave it...

4. There is really no #4, I assume we all wish another profitable year for ET and Baron so we can still keep posting here...

That's about it folks, nothing more to see, let's move on....

Thread requested to be closed by original poster. - Joe

#27     Feb 21, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.