Gordon Gekko... has a daugher

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I made this comment previously, a few years ago, when we collectively discussed this topic then.

The movie had just been released, and this was well before we had popular cell phones, internet movies, download sites, dvd copy services, dvd's, and all the other things we have come to take as normal nomenclature.

It was 1987 in the summer, and most of us bankers, brokers, investment bankers, hedge operators, interns and support staffers went to the movie theatre on 86th and Lexington Avenue in Manhattan. You could tell this because you had to search for an open seat, every seat was taken, and all you could see were wingtip shoes, dress shoes and few women intersperced in the crowd.

We all laughed at segments that industry types knew were either false, contrived or loaded tongue-in-cheek jokes and other humorous events others just could not even identify with.

When we left, we all hit the phone banks, and those who were important enough that had cell phones, used those to start placing trades, reworking deals and using what we just learned to improve our position on the deal teams.

That movie was a training session more than just entertainment, because it was so fresh, a lot of us could identify recent events and deals that occurred in real life, with those that were portrayed in the movie.

I really look forward to the updated newer version.....

cheers

#11     Jun 5, 2009
  2. does Andrew Mozillo have a part?, or a parody on his role?

#12     Jun 5, 2009
  3. aradiel

aradiel

The Godfather III had Pacino, Francis Coppola, Puzo, Garcia etc and it still sucked. They ruined a great character that was stabilished in the two first movies. Sounds like Wall Steet II is going through exactly the same path. GG trying to make peace with his daughter and warning everyone that the end is coming..., give me a break!!

#13     Jun 6, 2009
  4. I'd rather see a movie on the life of Jim Rogers.:)

First he makes billions with evil cats as George Soros

Then he travels around the world like indiana Jones

Then he humps a 18 year old Asian chick and makes babies...

All the stuff you need for a good movie.

#14     Jun 6, 2009
  5. +1

Fact is Micheal Douglas gets very few movie roles these days and Stone hasn't had a hit in years.They are both trying to resurrect their careers .

#15     Jun 6, 2009

6. ROFLMAO

#16     Jun 6, 2009
  7. I like anything Michael Douglas does. If he can still pull off that arrogant "Wallstreet" swagger @65 then we have a hit! We don't need Charlie.

ps what is meaning of "+1" ?

#17     Jun 6, 2009
  8. Anthony Hopkins could play Jim.

[​IMG]

"They are making it worse."

"Bernanke is a clown."

"Buy Sugar."

Man, I would go and watch that movie 10 times if it came out.

#18     Jun 6, 2009

9. A true american hero.:D

#19     Jun 6, 2009
  10. TM1982

TM1982

Well I actually liked The Godfather III.

And also, Michael Douglas made Wall Street and if he wants to do a second one, he has certainly earned the right.

#20     Jun 6, 2009