GOP Senator: Iraq War "May Be Criminal"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 8, 2006.

1. GOP Senator: Iraq War "May Be Criminal"
    By Justin Rood - December 8, 2006, 1:14 PM

It's the kind of thing you'd expect to hear on Pacifica Radio, not in a speech by a Republican senator.

"I, for one, am at the end of my rope when it comes to supporting a policy that has our soldiers patrolling the same streets in the same way, being blown up by the same bombs day after day. That is absurd. It may even be criminal," declared Sen. Gordon Smith (R-OR), a 10-year veteran of the Senate, in a speech last night.

Did he mean it? Senators rarely throw around words like "criminal," especially when talking about actions by their own party. What's he going to do about it? Well, Gordon has been known to act on his convictions when he thinks a president has broken the law: he voted to convict President Bill Clinton in 1999, following the president's impeachment by the House.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002104.php

2. The war is based on outright lies manufactured by Cheney, Pearl and Wolfowitz. Pearl and Wolfowitz have quietly moved to Israel leaving Cheney hanging in the wind. Based on the evidence, Cheney should be in Jail for life and Bush should be impeached. And those who voted for them should be tar and feathered and shipped to Iraq to do the fighting.

3. They don't need to be tarred and feathered... just send their sorry asses to Iraq and the rest will be taken care of.

By the way, do you have a link or confirmation of the neoshits like pearl and wolfie boy moving to Israel? By the way, I think stupid people like them will pollute the genetic pool of the Israelis. I am not great fan of Israeli politics, but have dealt with a number of Israelis in the course of business. They are a bunch of very very smart people.

4. i guess he should have listened to the conspiracy nuts and war protestors before he signed off on an illegal war to begin with. funny thing... the dem's are just as guilty. i doubt one member of either house read the patriot act before they signed it. as wallace said, "not a dimes worth of difference."