GOP Rep. Ron Wright dies following Covid diagnosis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Feb 8, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

Anyhow was prolly a good thing cause he's with Jezus now and no longer needs to answer to Trump.

#41     Feb 9, 2021
    Tony Stark likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's face it, once the vaccines are wildly available, it is going to be the best filter for society to get ride of idiots. Social darwinism at its best.

#42     Feb 9, 2021
  3. In theory, but in practice we have forces in society that preserve the idiots. Collectively, that force is called the Democrats.

There is not enough vaccine to go around these days so the issue of not wanting to take the vaccine is not one that anyone wants to play hardball with right now. When there is more vaccine, then the Dems will bring out their usual weapon. ie. Free Stuff. You will get XYZ if you take the vaccine. Not sure Darwin adequately accounted for the evolution of free stuff in some of his theories.

#43     Feb 9, 2021
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Darwin (and others) have discussed symbiotic relationships between species - where one species would get "free stuff" and the other is relatively unaffected. Species that had "free stuff" had an advantage over similar species that did not -- enhancing their probability of surviving. Hence - "free stuff" is good.

#44     Feb 9, 2021
  5. I see.

I mention Democrats, and then the discussion begins to gravitate toward parasites.

I guess I can understand that.

Which could then give rise to the old biological/philosophical discussion in regard to whether the host is actually the parasites way of reproducing itself.

This question also arises when you see bumper stickers that say "Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you."

#45     Feb 9, 2021
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Parasites live off another species to the detriment of the other species. A symbiotic relationship enhances one or both species.

#46     Feb 9, 2021
  7. I do not believe that there is a requirement that it be to the detriment of the host in order to be classified as a parasite. It may or may not be to the detriment.

And then there are saprophytes which live living organisms that live off of dead organisms. Not sure what the political equivalent of that is. Maybe someone like Here4Corpses whose entire world view is dependent on identifying dead Americans.

Little joke there- or not.

#47     Feb 9, 2021
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

The part where they left out that he HAD LUNG CANCER, you dumb bastard.

#48     Feb 9, 2021
  9. themickey

themickey

Ya right, he died of lung cancer...LMAO. :)

#49     Feb 9, 2021
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Once again...

You would think that someone with cancer would be very careful to stay social distanced, demand others near him wear masks, and wear a mask with a wide-spread pandemic causing large number of deaths of those with high risk conditions. But I guess our elected representatives are not smart enough to follow basic protocols to preserve their own health -- actually in this case the representative did every possible to promote policies to undermine our pandemic response and serve as a bad example. Sadly his demise is easily predictable -- and probably belongs on the COVIDIOTS thread.

#50     Feb 9, 2021