GOP Rep. Ron Wright dies following Covid diagnosis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Feb 8, 2021.

1. I see.

Well, he needed to move that plan up then.

I am glad to hear that it was available to him though- presumably as part of his house status or maybe he was waiting for his turn as part of Texas priority.

I don't know. I am not his mamma. If he had a chance to get it when the likes of AOC did and chose not to, well, he was following his own plan, which is fine with me. Might not be so fine with him now. I am not running a babysitting service for people who are high risk but have to pull into a lotus position and meditate for a few weeks to know whether they want a vaccine that is available to them.

#21     Feb 8, 2021
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It aged just fine. Everything he said was 100 percent true. It's not like Wright was school age and attended class at middle school.

#22     Feb 8, 2021

3. You would think a cancer sufferer would take COVID seriosuly then with all the risk factors rather than suck the Trump dick and claim it was not a big deal and no need to wear masks or protect oneselves.

he played a stupid game and got a stupid prize....

#23     Feb 8, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  4. One might think that, but he made his own decision. That's how it should be. Consequences must be weighed and considered. The consequences of his decision was death. Maybe he took a look at the road ahead of him, cancer and all, said fuck it, life don't look all that bright anyway. Who knows. None of that was or is my point. We all should be able to speak our minds, and fuck a bunch of karma superstition.

#24     Feb 8, 2021
  5. userque

userque

Emphasis added.

#25     Feb 8, 2021
    Tony Stark likes this.

6. Did he ask all those people around them what their choice was?

According to your argument, it is his choice to smoke on the airplane and get cancer so you cannot tell him not to smoke..

#26     Feb 8, 2021
    gwb-trading likes this.
  7. I dunno. Does the pissed off driver give a shit about all the lives around him as he's driving like a maniac? How about the dumbass texting while driving and crosses the centerline? Something which I see nearly every day. Our lives intersect like it or not and while it's a nice thought to think we're all going to consider how our actions will impact others, we must accept that isn't the case more often than not, so we are responsible for ourselves first, others second. To do otherwise puts you in harm's way.

#27     Feb 8, 2021
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

you pick the worse analogies

#28     Feb 8, 2021
    Tony Stark likes this.
  9. Guilty. I've used the karma superstition as a lazy and more polite way of saying I hope someone I don't like gets some shit coming their way too.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    #29     Feb 8, 2021
    userque likes this.
  10. Opinions, they do vary.

#30     Feb 8, 2021