GOP Rep. Ron Wright dies following Covid diagnosis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Feb 8, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

COVID starting to take out members of Congress...

GOP Rep. Ron Wright dies following Covid diagnosis
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/08/politics/ron-wright-congressman-dies/index.html

Republican Rep. Ron Wright of Texas has died, his congressional office announced in a statement Monday, saying that he had been admitted to the hospital after contracting Covid-19.

"Congressman Ron Wright passed away peacefully at the age of 67 on Feb. 7, 2021. His wife Susan was by his side and he is now in the presence of their Lord and Savior," the statement read. "For the previous two weeks, Ron and Susan had been admitted to Baylor Hospital in Dallas after contracting COVID-19."
    Wright is the first sitting member of Congress to die after contracting Covid. In December, Congressman-elect Luke Letlow died after being diagnosed with the disease.

Wright's congressional office announced that he had tested positive for Covid-19 on January 21 with the congressman saying at the time in a statement, "I am experiencing minor symptoms, but overall, I feel okay and will continue working for the people of the 6th District from home this week."

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said in a statement Monday, "Our hearts are heavy with the news of Ron's passing. Judy and I send our heartfelt prayers to Susan and their children during this very difficult time."

"Ron Wright was a fighter who passionately served his constituents, Texas, and America," McCarthy said.
    The statement from Wright's office on Monday noted that the congressman has also battled cancer.

"Over the past few years, Congressman Wright had kept a rigorous work schedule on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives and at home in Texas' Congressional District 6 while being treated for cancer," it said.

Wright had represented Texas's sixth congressional district since January 2019.

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Anti masker:cool:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yep.... appears he is a Trumper, anti-masker and general COVID denier in terms of proper public health policy.

Since he has been in the hospital for the past two weeks -- I wonder who is posting anti-teacher nonsense on his Twitter account of February 5th.

This reminds me...

Republicans hope to distract from their party's extremists by scapegoating teachers
    https://www.alternet.org/2021/02/how-many-teachers-have-died-of/

Tony Stark likes this.
  6. userque

userque

"It is what it is."--Donald J. Trump

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

"Womp, womp"___Corey Lewandowsky, Trump campaign manager

8. [​IMG]

Tony Stark likes this.

9. The article commits the same "political sin" that it accuses the Republicans of.

The article alleges that republicans are trying to demonize teachers for not going back to work and that it is a backhanded way of just getting at unions.

However the lefties and this article are making a backhanded attempt to classify those who are pissed off/miffed with the teachers as being republicans or trump sympathizer types.

Big mistake. Very big. Democrat families are similarly outraged/concerned about schools being shutdown and teachers demanding more and more in ransom to re-open. Joe was started tip-toeing a bit on this issue. He knows it is a minefield too. Not to mention that some of the dems most vocal types- such as Lori Lightfoot and Bloomberg- have rather large megaphones and they are not signing up some bullshiite argument that re-opening schools is just driven by anti-teacher or anti-union sentiment. Nope, that dog don't hunt.

10. [​IMG]

#10     Feb 8, 2021