GOP: Major Cuts Or No Debt Ceiling Increase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

the silly thing is the repudiation vote based on a low dollar has more to do with the fed and less to do with the president (outside of appointing the same assclown to lead the fed).

regardless, i cant help but wonder if this new set of cojones that cantor got were gifted by the media trumpeted (but largely irrelevant) S+P downgrade.

#11     Apr 21, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I'm enjoying the benefits of the weaker USD in a couple of ways. One of those is international sales, they're improving and the falling dollar supports that. Which of course is in line with the national export initiative, a worthy (if difficult) goal.

#12     Apr 21, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

Yep, bunch of jackasses. They also said they were going to cut 80 billion then when it comes out to 30 billion and mostly accounting gimmicks they high five each other as a job well done.

The famous stock market words come to mind.... "This time its different" ........ I finally lost the small amount of faith I had left when the republicans came in and did absolutely nothing.

#13     Apr 21, 2011
  4. Ryan has been talking about "necessary changes and fiscal responsibility" all along. He's not carrying it far enough, but it's not a new theme with him.

Apparently the ONLY thing which can possibly save us is a Constitutional Amendment about deficits. Ryan and his supporters should hold out for this... not just its proposal, but its passage and ratification.

#14     Apr 21, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

To be fair to the reps, as Boehner said (iirc), "we only control one half of one third of government".

#15     Apr 21, 2011
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

Nothing will be done. The consequences are too painful. They are an assembly of cowards. Dollar is heading to 70 as these pathetic excuses for a governing body will wait until there is an emergency.

#16     Apr 21, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

that is enough to prevent legislation from being passed or funding from being given. this isnt about passing legislation, it's about preventing or blocking funding.

boehner is offering an excuse, and a flimsy one at that.

#17     Apr 21, 2011
  8. They are completely incapable of thinking and planing even a year into the future. Everything is decided upon in this makeshift, haphazard manner, always for some political talking points. It's been a disaster in the making for a long time now, but they've become completely placated by the government's ability to constant raise the debt ceiling, endlessly large treasury auctions and ridiculously low rates. Now that the dollar is testing those lows from a few years ago with oil sky high and precious metals voting no confidence, maybe somebody with half a brain has sent them a memo that play time is over.

#18     Apr 21, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. I tried. : )

I'm still in my "nothing has changed" mood.

#19     Apr 21, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

I was going to say the same thing as Tsin Tao, if they truly believe we are going bankrupt, (which we are) they had the power to stop funding, they just proved the point that they are more interested in relection then saving the country, which is par for the course for all these evil politicians.

Once these idiots manage to bankrupt America, I will take great pleasure in the fact that we will have no money to fund the politicians lavish benefits, it would honestly warm my heart to watch a couple of them starve to death in the street. (ok maybe thats a little extreme but you get my point)

#20     Apr 21, 2011