GOP Leaders Worried About McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 12, 2008.

1. The only blanks are the controversial topics of debate that you leave entirely blank. All you do is bitch all day long without conversing or debating with or against anyone else. So instead all you can do is bitch.

Prove me wrong ZZZZzzzz(master poster(poser)). Go to the thread Dems are good at blame deflection and prove that the republicans are actually the ones to blame for the economy.

Prove that the Clinton Bill of deregulation, Barney Franks dumbass and the democratic congress of the last two years has nothing to do with the shit the economy is in.

A person could hate on somebody all day but if you have no way of proving your points other than using hatred than you truly are a loser.

#11     Oct 12, 2008
  2. The simple fact is that repubs were in full control of the house, senate, and executive branches, with the full support of most of the country following 9/11 and did squat to prevent where we are today.

Keep trying to blame Clinton, blame current house dems...

It ain't working. Just look at the polls.

The buck stops at the party in power's desk...

Since the time of Hoover, the party in power who resides over an economy going into the crapper has failed to stay in power...

#12     Oct 12, 2008
  3. A lot of the RS story is right out of his own book and/or shortcomings/troubles, etc. he's talked candidly about on Imus for years - he was on weekly for nearly a decade. John McCain and Terry Bradshaw had to be among the most popular because they were so open with east coast commuters - plus Bradshaw is off the wall funny. :p

It was that open book angle that convinced me he was the only viable Rep candidate 18 months ago.

Tough - his run of bad luck: (1) his own party giving the nod to W in 00; (2) 9/11 wiping out any possibility of a rematch; and (3) running in this economy and the Bush unpopularity.

Do you think McCain would have been a better President than W these last 8 years Pabst? I do.

#13     Oct 12, 2008
  4. Absolutely he would've been better than Bush. McCain has a bona fide small government voting record.

#14     Oct 12, 2008
  5. wjk

wjk

Then how did the dems maintain the congress from 1954 - 1994? Or do you believe the economy was good under Carter?

#15     Oct 12, 2008
  6. The party in power is the president's party...even when they don't control congress.

#16     Oct 12, 2008
  7. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain is considering rolling out a new comprehensive economic package to tackle the U.S. financial crisis, one of his closest supporters said on Sunday.

"I think it goes along the lines that now is the time to lower tax rates for investors, capital gains tax, dividend tax rates, to make sure that we can get the economy jump-started," said Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

Link to whole story:

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE4998X420081012

Only two words matter McCain: Main Street. He needs to steal Franks's thunder on today's Main Street Stimulus bombshell

#17     Oct 12, 2008
  8. I live in central Florida (a swing state, for those of you who somehow slept through the 2000 election), and I can confirm that, contrary to what this article says, McCain did run at least one attack ad mentioning the Ayers thing. This was an "I'm John McCain, and I approved this message" ad. Can't remember the exact phrasing... I believe it was somewhere along the lines of "associates with terrorist Bill Ayers."

However, it wasn't a very pointed or specific accusation, it was only one attack of many in that 30-second slot. If you weren't already familiar with the Ayers situation, it would have been easy to miss or misunderstand.

I can't believe that we're three weeks away and the religious/jingoistic conservative blitz still hasn't materialized. They're obviously there, and they're rabidly foaming at the mouth like never before (as predicted), but they've got no cohesion, no organization. I expected Obama to be torn to pieces by now, if not by McCain himself then by third party ads (like the Swift Boat bullshit from '04.)

Almost wondering if it IS going to be a blitz... a last-minute smear campaign of epic proportions, designed to be extremely vicious and close enough to election day that the Obama camp won't be able to formulate an adequate response in time. Or maybe it will be all grass roots campaigns that slipped under the radar completely (I know that was a very powerful force in Kerry's defeat, at least here in Florida.)

Or maybe they really have dropped the ball completely, in which case the next couple of years will be one hell of a ride.

We live in interesting times.

#18     Oct 12, 2008
  9. And just to be perfectly clear: I have no idea what I'm hoping for anymore. McCain is bad for foreign policy, Palin is MUCH worse, Obama can't be trusted to fix our economy properly and I very much fear that in less than a year it will be President Biden and we'll have racial riots and gun control grandstanding distracting us from more important problems.

Feels pretty much like it does when the weathermen down here say there's a cat 4-5 hurricane headed straight for us. Your mind keeps saying "This is bad. This is very bad." yet somewhere back there, whether you want to admit it or not, you're exhilarated at the prospect of experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime catastrophe.

#19     Oct 12, 2008

10. The cunts are out there. They just don't have the balls.

Remember this democratic candidate has stated many time he will definitely take any lying cunt to court.

That may be one reason the cunts are staying quiet. Outside of making up lies, the cunts have nothing else of substance.

Heck, even the un-employed cunt foot soldiers are scared shit less of what is going on with the Bush economy.

#20     Oct 12, 2008