GOP: If evidence seems to contradict faith, suppress the evidence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL!

That part is factually true.

#11     Nov 24, 2012
  2. Quote from PHOENIX TRADING:

pretending evolution and AGW are on the same footing is hilarious.

I got news for you no rational person believes AgW is an issue and the solution is quite simple(scientifically) even if it is.

In the interest of accuracy I need to walk it back a little. In terms of percent confidence in the basics of the two theories I would say evolution is at 100% whereas GW is at 99%. In terms of the body of supporting observations and it's scope, evolution IS on better footing.

#12     Nov 24, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You really can't just drop the "A" from "AGW".

There is widespread agreement that global warming exists. The disagreement stems from the idea that the warming we are experiencing is anthropogenic and not just part of the natural temperature variation that the earth undergoes periodically.

The original post in this thread is meaningful. The earth is as old as the geological record indicates that it is. Politicians who refuse to answer simple questions like that are not politicians that I'm going to vote for. If the GOP wants to hang onto that nonsense then it should be prepared to be out of power for generations until it takes another path.

#13     Nov 24, 2012
  4. "if conclusions contradict the word of God, the conclusions are wrong no matter how many scientific facts may appear to back them."biology textbook printed by conservative Christian publisher Bob Jones University Press used by many christian schools and homeschoolers.

#14     Nov 24, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#15     Nov 24, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

W H E R E - I S - Y O U R - J O U R N A L - RCG ?

Or has yet again your ego driven mouth written a check your slow intellect and factual personal history simple cannot cash?

#16     Nov 24, 2012