GOP establishment thinks Mitt Romney will lose to Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Doesn't matter, the GOP pandered to the base to the point where they tipped their hand. America knows that the GOP represents the like of some of the ET nutbirds here, some of which support the repeal of CR65, and Women's suffrage.

And thanks to Joe they were stupid enuf to put that on the record. The same thing is going on out in the real world. Unless Obama gets caught with a hooker or something, this thing is his to lose.

#11     Apr 7, 2012
  2. I hardly think one idiot on MSNBC is representative of the "GOP establishment" or anyone else.

Anyone in politics knows Obama is vulnerable. He has consistently polled <50% approval rating, which is a big red flag.

Romney has lost primaries in states Obama has no hope of carrying for the most part. He has been relatively stronger in the important battleground states.

This election will reveal two contrasting strategies. The republicans will try to make it a referendum on obama and his failed policies and weak leadership. Obama will try to paint it as a choice between his vast compassion and the scary policies advocated by republicans. We already see this theme emerging.

Romney's main problem, the fact that the republican base is not enthusiastic about him, is ameliorated somewhat by the base's antipathy toward obama. Obama has his own enthusiasm gap, as many moderates and independents are having buyers' remorse.

#12     Apr 7, 2012
  3. " I have yet to meet anybody in the Republican establishment that worked for George W. Bush, that works in the Republican Congress, that worked for Ronald Reagan that thinks Mitt Romney's going to win the general election." -Joe Scarbourgh

#13     Apr 7, 2012

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#14     Apr 7, 2012
  5. jem

jem

you keep posting those polls as if they have meaning while the GOP candidates still split up the vote.

They are meaningless. Obama will be crushed unless the economy really picks up... which it may be doing right now.

If the economy picks up, obama has a best a 50 50 chance.
    he has lost far too many independents and many people who want jobs.

#15     Apr 7, 2012
  6. That whole crazed contraception fight cratered Romney's numbers. Throw in the wacky guvs of Wisconsin, Ohio, and Florida, who've managed to alienate massive slices of their home electorates, and the deal is done.

#16     Apr 7, 2012
  7. piezoe

piezoe

It is pointless to lie to yourself. Be honest, Obama had nothing to do with the dry up in liquidity. That's due to malfeasance on Wall Street and getting caught. The market has always been a place friendly to liars and crooks. What's happened is that some of these crooks have been caught and exposed. The true nature of the markets has been exposed to a wider public. Wall Street hype is less effective these days. But people have short memories, and if you stick it out long enough brokers and IB's will eventually be able to steal with impunity again, trading against their clients and front running them, naked short selling, advising them to buy when they want to sell and to sell when they want to buy, stealing clients money to cover their asses, and churning their portfolios to generate commissions -- maybe you should go on the lamb for awhile and get an honest job at McDonalds until things quiet down. Liquidity will eventually return, because gambling has always had more panache associated with it than honest work.

"Your Broker is not your friend" -- Arthur Levitt, former broker and former SEC Chairman.

#17     Apr 7, 2012
  8. If that were true Obama wouldn't get 45-50 % in every head to head and job approval rating pool

#18     Apr 8, 2012
  9. G-Unit

G-Unit

At one point I considered Romney last year that until the continuous gaffs and lies. Romney must not have a spine to get talked into saying those stupid responses.

His latest complaint about Obama going to Havard is just dumb since he was there himself longer than Obama plus he sent his own sons to Harvard. The stuff he says is just so obviously embarrassing for him and the GOP. He just needs to just stop talking.

WHo is Romney's political strategist? Is Romney even stupid enough to follow him by shooting himself in the foot? If he's following his strategist, either he's dumb or so weak that he can't say no.

The stuff he says is just so bad. He's making Obama look good. That's the problem.

Republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot with a ton of those anti-abortion, personhood, and anti-contraception laws. I don't get it. It's unpopular but they keep doing it. Women voters are basically making the difference in the election. The whole Republican brand name has been damaged by the poor candidates they had.

Obama is up in the swing states. I wish that I could wager that Obama wins in the election. Any Romney takers? Barring some catastrophy, that looks like a lock. I'm independent by the way. No party affiliation.

#19     Apr 8, 2012
  10. +1.All of you posts are great I might add

You can bet on Obama winning on intrade but the odds are in Obamas favor . Currently you would have to risk 60 to make 40 betting on Obama

#20     Apr 8, 2012