GOP establishment thinks Mitt Romney will lose to Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 6, 2012.

1. http://in.news.yahoo.com/gop-establishment-thinks-mitt-romney-lose-obama-073421332.html

GOP establishment thinks Mitt Romney will lose to Obama

Pennsylvania (US), Apr.6 (ANI): Nobody in the Republican establishment is convinced that frontrunner and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney will win against President Barack Obama when the November presidential polls take place.

On MSNBC,"Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough had one of those refreshingly direct moments where he cut through all the political blather with a blunt assessment of what's really going on in the presidential race.

The Christian Science Monitor quoted Scarborough, as saying: "Nobody thinks Romney's going to win [the general election]. Let's just be honest. Can we just say this for everybody at home? The Republican establishment - I have yet to meet a single person from the Republican establishment who thinks Mitt Romney's going to win the general election this year."

He added: "They won't say it on TV, because they've got to go on TV, and they don't want people writing them nasty e-mails. I obviously don't care. But I have yet to meet anybody in the Republican establishment that worked for George W. Bush, that works in the Republican Congress, that worked for Ronald Reagan that thinks Mitt Romney's going to win the general election."

Though Romney is widely seen as the most "electable" candidate among Republican primary voters, they are not so confident about him defeating Obama.

In fact, when pollsters ask voters who they think is going to win in the fall (as opposed to who they want to win), Obama wins pretty handily.

A recent Pew survey found that 59 percent of voters believe Obama would beat Romney in the general election, including 30 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents.

And it is that underlying sense - that, barring some unexpected turn of events such as a double-dip recession, Romney is probably going to lose in the fall. (ANI)

2. I think the Scarborough has it right. No real conviction among the Republicans. Romney has to pick someone of real appeal as a running mate to make this work. No one seems to be jumping up in hopes of being that running mate as of yet.

3. i think he should pick sarah palin

4. Is that surprising?

Anyone who runs against Obama in this election is wasting his political capital. if you are a politician, best to wait till Obama leaves and run for election.

So many traders have lost their jobs, in part to the policies emanating out of this administration. So many of my ex-colleagues are now swatting at flies at buy-side desks or for prop trading, simply left the business. Personally I cant take it anymore, not 4 more years of this shit, I am just gonna go out and look for a salaried job. Hopefully there are still opportunities out there for the likes of me. You would think that after 8 years of pretty decent trading, I would be okay, but Nope, didnt forsee the coming of Obama. That has to be singularly the greatest tragedy that has befallen our industry in modern times.

5. wtf man. all you had to do was stay long or buy every dip and you cant help but make money.
    obama is the best president ever in market performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jllJ-HeErjU

6. As Free Thinker stated,Obama is one of the best Presidents ever for the market

[​IMG]

7. buy every dip?

you are obviously not a professional trader. We make our living from this, dude. not buy and hold in your 401k.

market performance cannot and does not equal market liquidity. Market liquidity in many stocks have been wiped out, except for very large cap stocks, MANY MANY algorithmic strategies in multiple symbols across the entire equity space are not being able to be implemented because of this. Do a scan for the mid-small cap space, order execution algos are all GONE. There is a complete drought in the system. The ability to issue equity in capital markets have been severely hampered by regulations coming out of washington, there are so few IPOs now.

You don't have to believe me, go ask your friends actually trading for a living at proper prop firms, hedge funds or buy-side desks if you have any.

8. Brass

Brass

What policies implemented by the current administration have caused traders to "lose their jobs?" What should the administration have done differently? The market appears to be doing well, P/E ratios are certainly not hurting, nor are they outside their historical norm since the mid-'90s. Commodities don't appear to be suffering for lack of volatility. Please explain with some specificity.

9. +1000, this has been an easy breezy market! Nice runs up, some nice flash crashes, just good stuff.

10. Then go find a more friendly market, there are many. Or, widen your timeframe if you are married to stock trading.

#10     Apr 7, 2012