GOP Definition Of "Small Business" Owner Includes Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Geez...even Matthews gets it:

"CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: I have one small tweak to make to what the president said today -- he should stop saying that giving people tax cuts is giving people money. It`s their money! A tax cut is when the government doesn`t take our money. It`s an important distinction.

He talked today, for example, about people getting a check from the government in the form of a tax cut. That`s not the way it works. If tax rates are kept lower, it`s a matter of the check going to the government being smaller. Again, it`s an important distinction."

#11     Sep 21, 2010
  2. But nationbuilding and permawar enriches the top 2% War is something that cost us money so they should pay higher taxes since they are making big profits thanks to taxpayer funded permawars.

#12     Sep 21, 2010
  3. Hermit you are beginning to make me see that Neo-Liberals are almost exclusively people who have never tended to the bottom line of a business.

I can almost tell in about 10-15minutes of whether one has ever been anything other than an employee. If they have only been workers, never employer, or if they have never made and sold anything themselves, they will be liberals. All others are either libertarian or conservative.

#13     Sep 21, 2010
  4. It costs nearly nothing to get a small brokerage account.

Here is a freebie for you.

RTN, BA, MMM, CAT,LMT, UTX.

There you go, trade your beliefs, it is the true beauty of this nation.:)

#14     Sep 21, 2010
  5. Ya right, an article in Bloomberg which points out the fallacy of GOP talking points is a reflection of the poster quoting the article.

Meanwhile, why don't you explain the job growth under Bush with all the tax cuts compared to previous administrations -instead of the ad hom.

#15     Sep 21, 2010
  6. How do you propose to pay for the wars and the 700 billion dollar Medicare reform under Bush?

#16     Sep 21, 2010
  7. Not an ad hom, calling you stupid, which I have not done, is an ad hom. I stated a trend, which you have unknowingly confirmed by taking offense to it.

The Bush cuts were not deep enuf, that is the answer to your question, cut tax revenue enough to have a real impact, make those cuts long enough for business to react to it.

Bush is of course held to account for starting two wars, but Bush is nearly two years gone now. At some point we need to move forward, don't ya think?

:)

#17     Sep 21, 2010
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Reductions in wasteful discretionary spending. The war is off-budget because we aren't always in wars.

#18     Sep 21, 2010