GOP Candidate runs away from her own News Conference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

Except that they didnt admit to anything, Obama and Co. repeatedly said they had nothing to do with it, and vilsack fell on the sword for them.

Obamas apology for Vilsack, without accepting any of the blame, and Robert Gibbs deflection onto fox news, is nothing short of apologising to the people of Louisiana on behalf of the government/BP, but blaming the previous administration, for deregulation. It is the exact same thing over and over.

Have you not been reading the news? Gibbs came out yesterday, and blamed the news outlets for not doing their jobs and said that the Obama admin knew nothing about it until after it was over.

Now They get to look good for apologising, but accept none of the blame, it is politics at its dirtiest.

Look i realise both sides play this game, im not saying either side is better, though the Obama admin does make a regular habit of pointing out that it was someone elses fault, no politicians will ever admit to anything.

I would have immense respect for a politician who came out and said yes, i did it, i screwed up, but like what me and ricter were talking about if that was ever said the soundbite would crucify the guy who admitted to it, so instead what we have is guys who will make off the cuff apologies without admitting they were ever wrong, on the behalf of someone else who they blame for screwing up. It is all total disingenous bullshit, from both sides, politicians/government people are the lowest of the low life forms, and thats why i dont trust either side anymore.

#11     Jul 22, 2010
  2. They don't look good , they look like bumbling idiots afraid of their own shadow and somehow they think this makes them look competent for handling:
    Iran
    Hezbollah
    North korea
    managing the economy
    distributing the wealth
    cap'n trade (war)

#12     Jul 22, 2010
  3. The only thing both sides have shown me consistently is that they like to spend money. A lot of money.

Democrats say they are going to spend it - then go and spend it.

Republicans say they won't spend it - then go out and spend it.

Wonder which one is going to make things better...

#13     Jul 22, 2010
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Resorting to racial slurs only shows fear and ignorance Piker. You can do better than that.

Beyond that though, yeah I'd like to see that interview.

#14     Jul 22, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

+1

#15     Jul 22, 2010

6. 1)What racial slur?

2) Ignorance of what?

#16     Jul 22, 2010
  7. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pruYLmuEbjg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pruYLmuEbjg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#17     Jul 22, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

Dems say they are going to spend then they go out and spend 5 times as much.

Republicans say they arent going to spend but they spend 5 times as much anyways.

While both sides lie and spend more then they say they will, one side (republicans) start with a lower number, which should inevitably be multiplied by 5.

This is my last hope for government, when the republicans regain control this time, if they fail to reign in spending, i will never vote again.

Regan made the right choice to run large deficits in the 80's and chop apart government/taxes because it was a shit economy, this set up the economy for clinton, and he made the right move in the 90's to raise taxes given a strong economy, if government ever expressed any kind of responsibility, we could keep a somewhat continous steady economy, one of the biggest facilitators of the bubble was greenspan, rates should have been at 10%+ by 2006 if the fed actually cared about controlling the economy.

The problem is that everyone these days simply buys there way into power, Bush was dead wrong to increase entitlements amidst a shady economy, just as Obama is, Bush got away with it for most of his presidency though because he never paid for his entitlements, and he was the benefactor of the housing bubble, what Obama is doing now(raising taxes on business) will inevitably crush the economy, and is one of the worst decisions i have ever seen by a president.

#18     Jul 22, 2010