GOP Candidate for Congress Says a Violent Overthrow of Government Is ‘On the Table’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Oct 25, 2010.

1. http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/10/gop_candidate_for_congress_say.html?f=most-commented-intel-7d5

GOP Candidate for Congress Says a Violent Overthrow of Government Is ‘On the Table’

Stephen Broden, a pastor and GOP nominee for Texas's 30th district, which covers most of Dallas, is not one of those hysterical militant types who wants everyone to go grab their weapons and overthrow the government. No sir. He wants a "revolution," sure, but at the ballot box. And if that doesn't work, then okay, an actual revolution.

Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

In a rambling exchange during a TV interview, Broden, a South Dallas pastor, said a violent uprising "is not the first option," but it is "on the table."

After all, Broden points out, the country was founded on a violent revolution. Which is true. Therefore, whenever we're annoyed with our government, we should have another one?

GOP congressional candidate Stephen Broden says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' [Dallas Morning News]

2. I agree with him, but it's not on the table, yet. There's a lot more suffering to do before the masses are ready for an actual uprising. Most people still have too much to lose. When that's gone, the time will be at hand. Once ALL the people realize there is virtually no difference between the two parties, and know beyond any doubt that no viable third party will ever have any real chance of coming to power, the people will revolt.
    This corrupt bunch of criminals we have in government, both dem and repub, aren't going anywhere willingly. They just aren't going to wake up one day and say, gee, it's time to go. Think of it like Wal-Mart. You think Wal-Mart would just close down because a group of small independent businesses ask them to? Not a chance.
    Violent revolution is 20 years out, maybe a little less. Depends just how heavy handed out criminal government gets. No justice, NO PEACE!

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

i've got all the ammo I need, and the firearms to use when I need them.

4. I'm sure this would threaten your state sponsored lifestyle. After all, it would be an end to your welfare checks, food stamps and Section-8 housing.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

GOOD! It's about time.

6. This country was founded on no taxation without representation, not no taxation because we don't have a viable third party.

Thankfully they know where to find you when they need to.

If the discontent in this country is real and long term and not fabricated and manipulated by fringe groups, there will be viable alternatives who are moderate and acceptable by the majority. That is how democracy works in the long run. Lincoln said it best when he said "you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

7. Not me,more like the southern trailer park thrash that always vote republican

8. I'm sure the US Army,Navy,Marines, Air Force,local and state police,all the federal police agencies etc are all very scared :(

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

They probably should be, knowing they will have to choose between firing on their friends and family or fighting for a corrupt inept government which cares nothing about them.

10. Many said the same in 1861

#10     Oct 25, 2010