Gooooooogle

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by IV_Trader, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Emm..
    Wheres jim cramer ?

He put on a taped show
    top 10 best crap

I bet lots of angry callers are wondering wtf??
    Thats like 10x worse then showing up and just saying the stock fell because of high expectactions hehe.

Hiding out.

#21     Jan 31, 2006
  2. novel20

novel20

hajimow, so you go from at least $5+ in the money with 200 shares to now $5+ underwater. Why didn't take your profit and short again at a higher price?

#22     Jan 31, 2006
  3. hajimow

hajimow

hajimow, so you go from at least $5+ in the money with 200 shares to now $5+ underwater. Why didn't take your profit and short again at a higher price?

Have to admit it was because of my lack of stop loss. Actually I went from +14 to -7. I still expect a big down day tomorrow.

#23     Jan 31, 2006
  4. Trading afterhours without a clear stop?

heheheh

Just like roulette @ atlantic city!

#24     Jan 31, 2006
  5. novel20

novel20

Hajimow, good luck to you. Do you have a stop loss in your mind? What if GOOG goes up from open and charge to 400? :D
    Hard to imagine going from +2,800 to -1,000.

#25     Jan 31, 2006
  6. man this drop is overdone: after the steep decline it has done nothing but rise with volume.
    Doubt we see 340 2morrow or any time soon.

#26     Jan 31, 2006
  7. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Goog is rebounding and GS just reiterated its $500 price target.

#27     Jan 31, 2006
  8. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

I going to take the opposite position of what ever happens in the first 5 minutes of trading tomorrow morning. I am also going to sell out of the money puts at the open and cover by midday.

#28     Jan 31, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

So far I have seen nothing but upgrades on the stock. It closed the AH at 379 and Goldman and CSFB both expect the stock to trade 400 plus tomorrow. You are playing with fire here. If you want to short the stock, sell it at 420 or 430 on a bounce if you think that is all this is. But to jump in now, you are nuts.

Do you have any idea how option rotation works? There are tens of thousands of long put holders that will be selling at the mkt on the open forcing the mm's to buy stock in a frenzy. You are going to get caught up in this. Perhaps when that is done, the stock will roll over, but why not wait for those prices?

I say we see at least 5 upgrades tomorrow. Goldman is top dog and they have already stated they are upgrading the stock in the morning and reiterating their $500 price tgt. Good luck.

#29     Jan 31, 2006
  10. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Mav, how does option rotation work. I am not familar.

#30     Jan 31, 2006