Google to Buy FaceBook.com 2.6 Billion

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallstYouth, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Huge bidding war between Microsoft, NewsCorp, Yahoo, and Google over social networking site facebook.com created by 22 year old Mark Elliot Zuckerberg.

2. bLoWeDoUt

bLoWeDoUt

What is a "Facebook.com"? Why is it worth billions?

3. I think its similar to Myspace only its a college student network.

4. S2007S

S2007S

sad sad sad, I think in an interview a while back he didnt want to get rid of it for nothing less than $2,000,000,000.

Kid is 22 and owns 30% of the company. He also made the deal that if its bought out that he will still have the right to control the company.

I think these social networking sites as big as they are will one day be a thing of the past. I think GOOGLE paid way too much for youtube, I think it was a stupid move. For a yahoo, google or microsoft to develop a social networking site would cost next to nothing. I believe AOL developed something along the lines of a social networking site about 6 months ago. As for Facebook I would take any amount now. Take it quick and laugh all the way to the bank.....

There is another site that was started by two teens about a year ago that is growing at about 5000 members a day, start up cost $250,000....why pay a few billion for a site that costs only a couple of hundred thousand to start. If teens can start a website and build it up to 2 million members I think a fortune 500 company can do the same without a problem...

5. S2007S

S2007S

HYPE makes it worth Billions.....

6. mokwit

mokwit

The devil finds work for excess cash [on the balance sheet]

7. Party like 1999...

8. LOL. Acquisition is such a big boys thing to do. So cool. :cool:

9. Daal

Daal

wtf google already has orkut

10. And didn't they also have video.google.com before they bought youtube?

Horizontal Integration. So stupid.

#10     Oct 12, 2006