Google Search Query Spikes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Yes, that was a boom time.

#21     Nov 9, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

guess which province was the only province in all of Canada to have GDP growth every single year throughout the entire housing collapse? Plus Housing prices didnt even decline, they didnt even see a dent.

Answer: Saskatchewan, Leader was Brad Wall, a conservative.

#22     Nov 9, 2012
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

For all intents and purposes

#23     Nov 9, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

#24     Nov 9, 2012
  5. Goes to show how whacked some people are.

#25     Nov 9, 2012
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Canadian citizens got their money back from MFGlobal right away, Americans might never..

#26     Nov 10, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Says the guy who admits to sucking his gay brothers dick.

#27     Nov 10, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I gave some thought to emigrating and read about it for a couple of years with some emphasis on Thailand (TL). I formed an opinion based on what I could learn on the internet which is anecdotal at best.

FWIW, my understanding is that you cannot simply renounce US citizenship and then live in TL because you cannot expect to obtain permanent residency or citizenship in TL as those privileges are rarely granted. Most people retain their US passport and live on Thai Visa extensions requiring "border runs" to neighboring countries primarily Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. There are retirement and education visas that are viable for longer periods of time but in all cases you eventually start having to make border runs and there is always the risk that TL will simply not continue to extend your visa. That can be rather distressing if you have established a family in TL and have possessions there.

There are exceptions for those making heavy business investments in TL. Contrary to those exceptions is the fact that you cannot own a home or land outside of a condominium in a high-rise building.

There are countries where you can essentially purchase citizenship like Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Panama and others. Personally I do not find the notion of long term residency in those countries to be attractive. There are other options (Philippines, Hong Kong, Japan and others). Thailand seemed to offer a favorable combination of culture, infrastructure, decent food, political stability and attractive women. :D

An idea that appeals to me is limited to those people who have already made their money and are just looking to live comfortably somewhere. If you combine that requirement with the desire to extract some revenge for the insane taxation and regulation regime currently being put into place by our government this idea may appeal to you as well. That is the idea of living in the United States and becoming a professional welfare or grant recipient with the intent of extracting the maximum amount of resources from the government as humanly possible is... interesting. :)

Anyway, great thread.

#28     Nov 10, 2012
  9. :D

#29     Nov 10, 2012

10. Ohms, have you ever checked out Australia? A guy I knew from Australia told me about various Visa options and long term residency if you invested around 250k in starting a local business..I don't remember many of the details it was a few years back, but they did have some other interesting ways of establishing longer term residence there..

In any event, I'm sure you've done alot more research than myself as I'm not really up to speed on all the details of such a big move.

#30     Nov 10, 2012