Google rolls out its Facebook killer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bogan7, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Google has reached the point that it's dangerous.

Because I've been a fan of Google for years...
    They now have almost unlimited personal information about me...
    Everything I've ever searched, my mail, my medical issues, God only knows what else.

And much of the data Google has on me...
    May in fact be erroneous... or belong to someone else...
    There is NO error checking at all.

Oh and by the way...
    Google never deletes anything... ever.
    It's the world's biggest pack rat.

Of course...
    Anything Google has... ANY government can get. Period.

Technologically sophisticated people watching Google roll...
    Are rapidly disengaging themselves from Big Brother.

#11     Oct 31, 2007

2. Just like the fantasy valuation of google. It's books are cooked: profits are easy to show when you find excuses to not pay your channel advertisers...

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. Google will fail with this

only option is to buyout facebook for 30 billion

time 2 payup

#13     Oct 31, 2007
  4. sammybea

sammybea

Aren't they already in the social arena with Orkut? Granted it was a colossal failure and for some reason only attracts Brazilians. The larger they become, the more they will become like Microsoft or any other behemoth. Essentially using their paper to grow through acquistions rather than in-house development. Wouldn't short google.. too much momentum, but i said the same thing with JDSU.. lol.

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. Google has nothign to fear if they buyout facebook for 30 billion

#15     Oct 31, 2007
  6. Never underestimate the number of stalker losers and pedophiles out there.

#16     Oct 31, 2007
  7. MSFT wasted their money, ha ha ha! Google is going to trample facebook.

#17     Oct 31, 2007
  8. I couldn't agree more. Google is a serious threat to personal privacy...and soon enough government will be using it more extensively.

I use google every day... but the way they horde information is a ridiculous liability to its users.

Another point about google... Does anyone remember the days of the internet when you would do a search, click on a link, and then see the information you needed? I do. Now, do search, sort through pages and pages of junk compiled, copied, and recopied from relevant websites...all to serve one purpose: to generate adsense revenue. Adsense has polluted the internet. Thanks google.

#18     Oct 31, 2007
  9. you should boycott Google. I own a bit of GOOG, not enough unfortunately, but this company is a major threat to your privacy and has shown an arrogant attitude .
    Cameras everywhere, searches kept on files, sprawling businesses all interconnected... etc.

But more practically
    Google search is also getting very annoying identifying your country or locale and ranking results accordingly. I am using Yahoo search more and more .

#19     Oct 31, 2007
  10. Um hum wrong again 99.999% percent of google users can care less if google keeps records. Also google uses the record to improve its search

#20     Oct 31, 2007