Google Prepares for Millionaire Brain Drain

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JaneE, Apr 11, 2007.

1. #11     Apr 16, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

based on what happened in 1999-2000 to all those internet paper millionaires I would be running with the money as soon as I would get the chance. Put it in some QQQQ, DIA, high paying dividend stocks etc.

#12     Apr 17, 2007
  3. TraderD

TraderD

some facts:
    - their Montain View offices had 4 people per small room (ok, they grew -good excuse, still not super sanitary)....
    - everyone IS working hard
    - there are talented people there... and in many other places where they have come from and will go to after being done with google
    - guess what, the most talented, are always on top of the wave, and switch one sexy company for another, like a woman or a political party... they already came to Google with millions

#13     Apr 17, 2007
  4. IMO, of course

Here's all you need to know about GOOG: Eric Schmidt.

He'll eventually drive this POS into the ground just like he did Novell and tangentially Palm and Sun. The guy is a money loser deluxe. GOOG is dead money as long as he's around.

#14     Apr 17, 2007
  5. A non issue

#15     Apr 17, 2007
  6. Personally, I would stay around. At least for a while.

#16     Apr 17, 2007
  7. not that i am saying they will all leave but comparing a job a google to playing for the yankees is a bit of a stretch. Lets see....how many people actually know the names of the head guys at google let alone the lackies....whereas 90% of the population has heard of Jeter and pick him out of a crowd....a vast majority of people might even be able to tell you what Jeter had for breakfast.

Its not the money that keeps atheletes playing....its all the other goodies that come with it....fame...women....prestige....importance...women...competition...the need and desire to win...and women.

so im thinkin there are gonna be alot of google emplyees that retire early as there arent a whole lot of benefits to workin at google cept the money.

#17     Apr 17, 2007
  8. JaneE

JaneE

That's true, but I don't think any of them have worked for a company that has seen a runup like Google has experienced over the past few years.

"Here's all you need to know about GOOG: Eric Schmidt. He'll eventually drive this POS into the ground just like he did Novell and tangentially Palm and Sun. The guy is a money loser deluxe. GOOG is dead money as long as he's around."

Too funny! :D

#18     Apr 18, 2007
  9. asap

asap

i used to work for a fortune fastest growing company back in the late 90's and i didn't see anyone leaving when their stock options were vested. working for a great company is the best thing you can do professionally. at some point, most of the office mates drove their own 911 but if one was to leave, it was because he was offered a better job somewhere else. so the question is, where those google millionaires will go? i am not seeing a better place to work at than goog as of today.

#19     Apr 18, 2007