Google Misses!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Look at the chart for the first half of 2006.

#11     Jul 19, 2007
  2. rock1968

rock1968

seriously not a big deal..

#12     Jul 19, 2007
  3. If it's not a big deal then back up the truck and buy some more of that sucker. This is a great opportunity IF the market holds.

#13     Jul 19, 2007
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You don't know the first thing about trading --- or momentum stocks. A few cent miss is big --- GOOG is down over $43 afterhours --- may be in the $400's by the close of trading tonight. Momentum guys are exiting and likely going short. Hang around long enough and realize there's 2 sides to a market and you'll eventually learn this. There's a lot of parallels from back in 2000 where high flyers had expanding P/E's as long as growth was accelerating. As soon as growth slowed and they got slammed.

#14     Jul 19, 2007
  5. Reminds me of when RIMM missed by a penny four months ago. IT fell 8% in Ah. We all know what happened later..

#15     Jul 19, 2007
  6. Yeah a 10% move will wipe out almost 95% of the holders.

#16     Jul 19, 2007
  7. You notice the time of that "earnings miss slams google article" ? they put it out at 4:05 pm. And all the monkeys went along with that "slamming" and bailed out....

They issued that at 4:05 pm and anyone with a ounce of brain know that no one could have analyzed full earnings report and typed up a SLAMMING article and release it by 4:05 :mad: :mad:

ANY of YOU listen and read what GOOG released?????

Did any of you even bother to read this?????????????

<b>"Revenue for the period totaled $3.87 billion, a 58 percent increase from $2.46 billion at the same time last year.

After subtracting commissions paid to its advertising partners, Google's revenue was $2.72 billion -- about $40 million above analyst projections."
    </b>

So 3 cents in the slowest quarter of their year and immediately gets SLAMMED at 4:05 which continued into all after hours...MONKEYS

Me make BOLD prediction here just like me did with SLW here as well...

<b>THIS SLAMMING SELL-OFF IS GOING TO BE THE BEST BUYING OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL EVER HAVE TO BUY GOOG !!!!!!!!!!</b>

Buying not necessarily for tomorrow or even the next day but I will tell you that this is opportunity of lifetime to get GOOG.

And that is coming from me, the GOOG Slayer!!!!!!

Yeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwww GOOG

#17     Jul 19, 2007
  8. Check the OI configurations for July and August, in place long before today's "surprise". Coincidence or not, I don't know but certainly not uninteresting.

lj

#18     Jul 19, 2007
  9. GOOG's attempts to push the envelope in innovative services comes with a price, a plateau in users means revenues wont be parabolic but costs themselves will rise.

And thats what the current report is indicating, they are spending too much money on the hype but the user base is not growing fast enough with the hype.

#19     Jul 19, 2007
  10. hels02

hels02

Goog's parabola totally reminds me of Qualcomm's back in 1999. qcom was also at almost $500/shr. Split-adjusted, it fell from the equivalent of $100 to $10. And nearly a decade later, it's not made it back even 1/2 way back to the high.

Not saying Goog will or is doing the same, but qcom was very very hot back in the day.

Course, Microsoft was just as hot back in the day. It hasn't made it back to 50% of its high either. Then it (and qcom) sort of stagnated in a range for the last 5 years til just recently.

I don't think Goog will drop to $50/shr anytime soon, but these are nosebleed levels here, and like other top hot tech stocks in the past, they cannot grow revenue fast enough to keep going up. 47.5 PE was about average for 1999, not 2007.

I'm looking at puts, but as we're not in a bear market yet, it's really hard to say if it will fall. But I don't think it's hard at all to say that it's not going to go up much more, let alone parabolically.

#20     Jul 19, 2007