Google IPO

Discussion in 'Trading' started by xyz, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Last I checked, google ran on farms of small cheap 32 bit boxes.
    But 64 is already here.
    They wont be hitting DB limits.

Besides.... with the proper architecture, I could easily build
    a server farm that could handle DB sizes well above
    the 32bit limit, *WHILE* only using 32bit technology.

Not that hard. So its not an issue.
    Google is highly distributed. It doesnt HAVE to have
    everything addressed in a single database space.

peace

axeman

#11     Jan 7, 2004
  2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lol yes for only 50 easy payments of .99cents...

lol figure that out after i set up the equipment...

#12     Jan 7, 2004
  3. ronscalls

ronscalls

With all this anticipation on the google IPO, I think the stock will be run up to rediculous levels.

I think Yahoo is going to criple Google. In another business, I use all the Pay Per Click engines. Google's is hands down the worst of any of the 8 I use. Impossible to use and no support from Google. Also the results are iffy.

Google drastically changed their algorithms in the November Google dance. There searches are not nearly as relevant now. Hundreds of thousands of website owners are pissed at google because of these changes and their sites disappearing from relevant terms.

I think Yahoo, who announced it's main focus in 2004 as search engine results, and Microsoft MSN are going to really hurt Google this year.

#13     Jan 7, 2004
  4. if there is too much anticipation, the firms underwriting the thing will open it at ridiculous levels and the general public will buy at the all time high. Also, what these firms do is short the stock right off the bat and make a killing.

when is the IPO debut date?

#14     Jan 7, 2004

5. Remember PALM. They robbed em blind, and never got investigated for what went on.

#15     Jan 8, 2004