Google Guys Buy A 767

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by chartie, Sep 12, 2005.

1. chartie

chartie

My jet's pretty big, how big is yours?

Every Silicon Valley tech giant has to have his jet. Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page have settled on a Boeing 767 as their personal jet, and it's currently down in Dallas getting interior work done, or at least that's according to Jeff Nolan, over at SAP Ventures, who told us that he'd bumped into a guy in the aviation industry who said as much. In April, we reported that Chief Executive Schmidt sold his ownership interest in his jet, which he had owned for several years and let the company use for business trips. In February, he purchased another jet, and the Google board agreed to reimburse him $7,000 an hour for its use.

GOOG chart

(Attach chart doesn't work for me :confused: )

2. JESUS MURPHY ..A FREAKIN 767 FOR PERSONAL USE ???? A LITTLE TOO BIG I THINK. THEY SHOULD OF BOUGHT A 757. BUT HEY!!! THEY HAVE THE MONEY .

3. MTE

MTE

I guess they couldn't get an Airbus 380, so they had to settle for a small jet!:D

4. .... The only problem is that now you really will need the A380 to impress people: Who do you think will be the first purchaser of one ?

I think the google boys have upped the ante now ... I predict that Ellison will be the first purchaser of his own A380 ... followed by Allen who will buy the strech version ... and gates will figure out a way to corner the market on A380 parts ....

5. lol ^^^^^^^

But what about those Saudi Princes, they own a whole damn fleet

6. Choad

Choad

Do they have a stadium yet?

When they do the stadium thing...it's time to short! :p

7. Here's the irony. When Google went public Sergei and Larry told the company at one of their Friday beer busts, "We don't want to see a lot of exotic cars and SUVs in the parking lot, we can't let all this money go to our heads. Nothing would make us happier than a parking lot full of Toyota Priuses." Something to that effect; I'm getting this second hand.

All I'm saying is, you can drive a whole damn parking lot worth of Hummers with the dino juice that goes into a 767.

Martin

8. GOOG might try to offer airline service (wouldn't it be nice)

Bring the Hooters chicks on, serve wings, have wifi internet, starbucks, beer... Powered by Google.

:D

9. Mvic

Mvic

That type of airline is long overdue. Surely if an airline offered just one transcon flight a day of that nature it would make money as I imagine that its customers wouldn't be that price sensitive.

10. I guess thats why they have been dumping stock almost every day for months. Check out those insider sales, incredible. Do as Buffett says, not as he does.

#10     Sep 13, 2005