Google Finance

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by AlphaMale, Nov 29, 2017.

1. just21

just21

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    #11     Nov 29, 2017
  2. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

I already do have, but this type of service is way more convenient rather than having to start some shitty client software, go through login procedure and connect via an API...agree?

#12     Nov 29, 2017
  3. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

It's absolutely mind boggling how Google can remove one of the key features and then make the claim that they will "continue to improve", yeah right!

#13     Nov 30, 2017
  4. It's a BS spin on something that reeks of the exchanges overcharging for market data.

#14     Nov 30, 2017
  5. huss1652

huss1652

Google and Yahoo are out for API downloads. Does anyone have any other options?

#15     Nov 30, 2017
  6. truetype

truetype

Demand your money back!

#16     Nov 30, 2017
    jharmon likes this.
  7. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

I'd rather call them and ask them to scrap their slogan "don't be evil" - liars!

#17     Nov 30, 2017
  8. Ryan81

Ryan81

Instead of using the google finance website to track your portfolios or watchlists, why don't you just use google spreadsheets on google drive? They let you pull market data with the =GoogleFinance(...) function directly into your spreadsheet. A whole lot more flexible in my opinion.

#18     Nov 30, 2017
  9. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Thanks for the advice, but I do fully automated trading, hence I need to pull the data via an API directly into my app...any other ideas? Yahoo Finance still seems to work but I've had some problems with it after they introduced the URL breadcrumbing earlier this year.

#19     Dec 3, 2017