Google Earth okay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FanOfFridays, Mar 11, 2007.

1. I want to install whatever it is that's necessary to use Google Earth on my new rig, but I vaguely remember reading something about this and Google Desktop Search planting undesirable things on your computer. I'm about to start doing some searches to try to get the answer but I thought I'd post here just in case anyone knows for sure. Any known issues with these apps?

2. Got the new version recently, only problem so far is the new scroll bars-they confuse the heck out of me!

Cant comment to much on the undesirable bits, seems ok with firefox, even with the goog toolbar as well.

3. It's the "Googletoolbarnotifier" you want to shut off. Simply delete the folder, then make sure you have it unchecked from startup folder in MSCONFIG.

- Spydertrader

4. Ok thanks

5. Spyder, you still watching this? I just built my own computer so I'm learning but I'm not all the way there.

I installed the app and opened C:--> Program Files--> Google-->Google Earth

But I couldn't find anything named 'googletoolbarnotifier'. There are a bunch of things in there (a lot of .dll's, and 5 folders - xml, res, lang, kvw and alchemy). I tried opening those sub-folders but still couldn't find the thing you mentioned.

When you say 'delete the folder', am I looking in the right place for the folder you're referring to?

Thanks Spydey or anyone else.

6. If Google Earth came with the Google Toolbar, you'll find the notifier folder within that program file folder. Something similar to this:

C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462

If you did not install the Google Toolbar with Google Earth, you are good to go.

- Spydertrader

7. Thanks again, I'll work it out. Google Earth is a cool little toy.